Illegal Immigrants (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belalan

HSC
@ stillthinkin

Thank you for your contribution to the current society then :D

If they lacked the passports at their point of origin; how exactly did they get to Indonesia?

Again; it would not be that hard for the government to release a figure based off census reports and welfare as to whether immigration, refugees, assylum seekers or "boat people", it would be a much stronger case for syphoning further funds to such a cause if there was a positive impact; I am merely dubious due to the lack of information provided.

@Lentern
That doesnt explain how you would prevent corruption or abuse of power in such a jurisdiction.

cheese_cheese

HSC
Australia is already over populated compared to the available resources. Legal immigrants need to be reduced illegal ones need to be STOPPED. I mean when you look at Sydney you see all these gangs and how many of them are Muslims? I say you come here you live by our rules forget the Muslim bullshit we shouldn't have to change our rules for them.
To be honest I've never seen a Muslim gang. I have seen Asian, Caucasian and African gangs, although not Muslim gangs.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Australia is already over populated compared to the available resources. Legal immigrants need to be reduced illegal ones need to be STOPPED. I mean when you look at Sydney you see all these gangs and how many of them are Muslims? I say you come here you live by our rules forget the Muslim bullshit we shouldn't have to change our rules for them.
This comment is absurd.... You have no fricken clue...

Really overpopulated?? LOL...... this is very funny to hear so ignorant.. Available resources: Were abundant.... Again stereotyping muslims... pathetic....

Freedom of religion and culture also... We shouldn't tell how people to live in this country. But yes i say they try attempt to adapt into our culture. MOST people do also, as migrants we don't totally ignore the Australian lifestyle.

Lentern

HSC
@ funkshen
I was testing to see whether little Lentern was a troll; if they were they wouldn't have bothered translating it. But the statement applies to any organisation with power over people.
Woah woah woah, are you saying you and your Hansonsim is not trolling?

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
To be honest I've never seen a Muslim gang. I have seen Asian, Caucasian and African gangs, although not Muslim gangs.
There are gangs of all religions and nationalities. I've seen a few Muslim gangs but not too many, that guy just exaggerated it over the limit.

It's insane we have people like him in our country.

cheese_cheese

HSC
Stillthinkin, did you come to Australia as an illegal refugee initially (inferred as you said you spent time in a detention centre)? If so, was this via boat or plane?

Belalan

HSC
@Lentern
I wasnt aware at any point that I was being a "Hansonist" Mrs Thatcher; but given that your first comments to me were simply one liners attempting to insult I questioned your motives.

Lentern

HSC
@Lentern
I wasnt aware at any point that I was being a "Hansonist" Mrs Thatcher; but given that your first comments to me were simply one liners attempting to insult I questioned your motives.
I'm not generally in the habit of dignifying the rhetoric of selfishness and xenophobia with extended discourse. Let me guess, you're not xenophobic, you go to James Ruse and some of your best friends are black.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
This comment is absurd.... You have no fricken clue...

Really overpopulated?? LOL...... this is very funny to hear so ignorant.. Available resources: Were abundant.... Again stereotyping muslims... pathetic....

Freedom of religion and culture also... We shouldn't tell how people to live in this country. But yes i say they try attempt to adapt into our culture. MOST people do also, as migrants we don't totally ignore the Australian lifestyle.

I welcome the new immigrants, they can head to any yellow/orange part of australia.

Lentern

HSC
I know that, although it is colloquially deemed that by the media. I should have said whether they arrived through the proper channels or not.
Very few people use the term at all actually, Andrew Bolt types try not to acknowlege that they are refugees and just tend to refer to them as illegal immigrants or unlawful arrivals, people like David Marr will just refer to them as asylum seekers.

stillthinkin

HSC
@ stillthinkin

Thank you for your contribution to the current society then :D

If they lacked the passports at their point of origin; how exactly did they get to Indonesia?

Again; it would not be that hard for the government to release a figure based off census reports and welfare as to whether immigration, refugees, assylum seekers or "boat people", it would be a much stronger case for syphoning further funds to such a cause if there was a positive impact; I am merely dubious due to the lack of information provided.

@Lentern
That doesnt explain how you would prevent corruption or abuse of power in such a jurisdiction.
No worries.

In regards to the passports, I am as confused as you are. There are many means through which people can gain illegal passports or travel illegally. It could also lead to the desperation of the situation, many people in countries such as those don't have birth certificates let alone passports. Usually only those who are of the middle class and higher actually gain a legal passport and recognised refugee status. As with everything in life, those who are in the lower classes are often forgotten and discarded, consequently they may not have any of the documentation and simply choose to travel here by any means possible, this may be where the boats come in.

You need to understand the amount of time it takes to be recognised as a refugee. Some people do not have the time, money or means to wait this long in a country that is undergoing social and political turmoil. Therefore like any normal person they flee for their own safety. However I'm only speaking for those who are actually running away from possible persecution or danger. I cannot speak for the people who lie about their background because from my experience, I know of none.

Technically there is no box on the census that says refugee and right next to it another with the word dole bludger. Every single immigration case is different and there is no way of predicting whether they will assimilate into society with positive or negative impacts. I'm sure that the government would rather spend the money on a more beneficial cause such as the public education system as opposed to researching the amount of immigrants abusing the welfare system. Like I said before do not disregard the sheer amount of unemployed and irresponsible Australians who also abuse the dole.

Last edited:

cheese_cheese

HSC
Daya committed suicide at the Villawood Detention Centre yesterday. For two years since arriving in Australia from Sri Lanka Daya experienced the horror of the Labor government’s detention policy. Now he is dead.

Sarah details why no one needs to be in a detention centre for two years because ASIO has said it can do security checks in a matter of days.

Daya’s death would be deeply felt by so many of the Villawood detainees and the Tamil community.

Daya lived in what’s called the community compound at Villawood. Our paths crossed briefly when I was at the birthday party of the one year old son of his neighbours the Ragavan family.

When I wrote about that visit I described how the living quarters “may look like a regular suburban house but it is effectively a prison, behind massive wire fences and heavy security checks”.

I remember how happy the Ragavan children were when Daya arrived and swept the youngest up in his arms. That was a happy day.

This week Daya requested leave to attend a religious festival. His request was denied and then he committed suicide.
Stories like that are not uncommon in Australia now.

Lentern

HSC
@ stillthinkin

@Lentern
You may not have heard of it but there's a little thing called democracy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)