Does intellect and the education level of your partner matter to you? (2 Viewers)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Not really but there are always exceptions. I think my future partner would be smarter than me anyways but who knows I guess

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
So does the education level e.g how much your partner has studied, if he/she goes to uni, tafe or neither matter to you?

Should it be an important factor in a relationship?
Not really.

But then again, I'd presumably be the main bread winner for the family.

Intelligence definitely matters though.. Not so much, in terms of a degree, but in terms of common sense...

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
education not really but absolutely intellect

and i'd call shennanigans on most of you who have said no to intellect not mattering

Annihilist

HSC
So does the education level e.g how much your partner has studied, if he/she goes to uni, tafe or neither matter to you?
This =/= intellect.

Education is arbitrary and therefore meaningless. It only educates you on how to do well within the education system. There are some valuable things to learn but they are far and wide between.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Not really.

But then again, I'd presumably be the main bread winner for the family.

Intelligence definitely matters though.. Not so much, in terms of a degree, but in terms of common sense...
Common sense is different again to both education and intelligence. Someone can know a lot, be really fun to talk to and hang out with, but not have much common sense.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
In essence, they need to be able to, as I said before, think on a level that can be percieved as intellectual - to whatever extent that may be. I know plenty of people that disregard this level of thought altogether. I'm sure you all know the type.

RANK 1

HSC
Common sense is different again to both education and intelligence. Someone can know a lot, be really fun to talk to and hang out with, but not have much common sense.
then you have people who have alot of common sense but just chose to ignore it

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
In essence, they need to be able to, as I said before, think on a level that can be percieved as intellectual - to whatever extent that may be. I know plenty of people that disregard this level of thought altogether. I'm sure you all know the type.
so you're saying you don't want to be embarrassed by your partner in public?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)