Violence erupts in Sydney over anti-Islam film (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrWho94

HSC
DO U CALL THIS A PROPHET....this person isn't even half a human being in terms of morals...u want scriptural proof THERES PLENTY:

Sahih Bukhari Narrated Qatada: Anas bin Malik said, "The Prophet used to visit all his wives in a round, during the day and night and they were eleven in number." I asked Anas, "Had the Prophet the strength for it?" Anas replied, "We used to say that the Prophet was given the strength of thirty (men)." And Sa'id said on the authority of Qatada that Anas had told him about nine wives only (not eleven). Volume 1, Book 5, Number 268.

Al Hadis, Vol. 1, p. 215, Omar reported from the Holy Prophet who said, "No man shall be questioned for beating his wife."

Al Hadis, Vol 1, p. 688, No. 236, Abul Juhaim-b-Hares reported, "I saw the Prophet when he was urinating. I saluted him, but he did not return the salute... He struck it (his penis) with a stick, rubbed his hands on the wall and then his face, and saluted me." Sharhi Sunnat.

FROM YOUR BOOK...not mine, if u take offense muhammads ur man.

7eleven

HSC
N/A
DO U CALL THIS A PROPHET....this person isn't even half a human being in terms of morals...u want scriptural proof THERES PLENTY:

Sahih Bukhari Narrated Qatada: Anas bin Malik said, "The Prophet used to visit all his wives in a round, during the day and night and they were eleven in number." I asked Anas, "Had the Prophet the strength for it?" Anas replied, "We used to say that the Prophet was given the strength of thirty (men)." And Sa'id said on the authority of Qatada that Anas had told him about nine wives only (not eleven). Volume 1, Book 5, Number 268.

Al Hadis, Vol. 1, p. 215, Omar reported from the Holy Prophet who said, "No man shall be questioned for beating his wife."

Al Hadis, Vol 1, p. 688, No. 236, Abul Juhaim-b-Hares reported, "I saw the Prophet when he was urinating. I saluted him, but he did not return the salute... He struck it (his penis) with a stick, rubbed his hands on the wall and then his face, and saluted me." Sharhi Sunnat.

FROM YOUR BOOK...not mine, if u take offense muhammads ur man.
Mate you've made all of them up. spastic

minnime

HSC
N/A
@DrWho94 @Obvious

Before running off and copy/pasting random passages of the Hadith without even considering them in their context (I'm pretty sure you didn't read it and pick those out yourself), I urge you to visit this site and spend a good 5 minutes or so reading through it --> islamicmyths.wordpress.com/2008/01/13/islam-forbids-wife-beating/

By the way, your third "example" isn't even legit- in the Hadith (again if you have actually read it) the Prophet (pbuh) always performed ablution by cleaning his hands and face with the dust on the wall before greeting anyone- you've been grossly misinformed and I urge you to actually take the time to educate yourself instead of copying what you see on anti-Islamic forums.

I am shocked at the things I'm reading in this thread. I do not support violence any more than the next person but I think that there is some heavy stereotyping and misconceptions being pinned onto the image of Islam in Australia and worldwide after these recent events.

I don't think you guys understand just how offensive that video really is. I refuse to watch it and many of my other Muslim friends have also decided not to watch it. To be honest I can't even begin to explain just how hurtful it is to see our religion defaced in such a way. I don't expect anyone to really understand this, but I do ask you all be a bit more sensitive and empathetic towards the anger each and every Muslim is experiencing right now. Unfortunately people express anger in different ways. But you all have to understand that the actions of those protestors in no way reflect the mindset of every single Muslim in the world, nor the majority.

For the last 10 years the world 'Muslim' or 'Islam' has been constantly linked to terrorism and oppression. I think its unfair that the media tends to focus exclusively on acts of extremism without reflecting the true face of Islam and what most Muslims are actually like. Most Muslims are actually honest and respectable people. Islam is a peaceful and logical religion. If people would actually educate themselves about Islam or even just talk to the average Muslim instead or relying on the media to get their "facts" it would make all the difference and there would be a lot less hate.

I urge you all to stop generalizing- please be a bit more empathetic and open minded. I agree that there should be freedom of speech but I don't see the recent cartoons and the video as an act of this- all of this is an anti-Islamic, xenophobic and extremely misinformed attack on Islam.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Last edited:

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
I have actually. There's 100 million others things on the internet. Do u blindly believe in those too?????????
No, I consider the reputability of the website or the general consensus on less-reputable websites if I must.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
@DrWho94 @Obvious

Before running off and copy/pasting random passages of the Hadith without even considering them in their context (I'm pretty sure you didn't read it and pick those out yourself), I urge you to visit this site and spend a good 5 minutes or so reading through it --> islamicmyths.wordpress.com/2008/01/13/islam-forbids-wife-beating/

By the way, your third "example" isn't even legit- in the Hadith (again if you have actually read it) the Prophet (pbuh) always performed ablution by cleaning his hands and face with the dust on the wall before greeting anyone- you've been grossly misinformed and I urge you to actually take the time to educate yourself instead of copying what you see on anti-Islamic forums.

I am shocked at the things I'm reading in this thread. I do not support violence any more than the next person but I think that there is some heavy stereotyping and misconceptions being pinned onto the image of Islam in Australia and worldwide after these recent events.

I don't think you guys understand just how offensive that video really is. I refuse to watch it and many of my other Muslim friends have also decided not to watch it. To be honest I can't even begin to explain just how hurtful it is to see our religion defaced in such a way. I don't expect anyone to really understand this, but I do ask you all be a bit more sensitive and empathetic towards the anger each and every Muslim is experiencing right now. Unfortunately people express anger in different ways. But you all have to understand that the actions of those protestors in no way reflect the mindset of every single Muslim in the world, nor the majority.

For the last 10 years the world 'Muslim' or 'Islam' has been constantly linked to terrorism and oppression. I think its unfair that the media tends to focus exclusively on acts of extremism without reflecting the true face of Islam and what most Muslims are actually like. Most Muslims are actually honest and respectable people. Islam is a peaceful and logical religion. If people would actually educate themselves about Islam or even just talk to the average Muslim instead or relying on the media to get their "facts" it would make all the difference and there would be a lot less hate.

I urge you all to stop generalizing- please be a bit more empathetic and open minded. I agree that there should be freedom of speech but I don't see the recent cartoons and the video as an act of this- all of this is an anti-Islamic, xenophobic and extremely misinformed attack on Islam.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
It is a perfect demonstration of freedom of expression.

More news: http://www.smh.com.au/national/us-warning-for-citizens-20120920-268w1.html

The United States has warned its citizens to keep away from Sydney's Martin Place and Hyde Park this weekend amid fears of another outbreak of violence.

A letter titled "Emergency Message for US Citizens" sent to all those registered with the US consulate says that "law enforcement authorities" have advised that anti-American demonstrations are possible on both Saturday and Sunday.

It also warns Melbourne residents to avoid protest areas planned in this city this weekend.
What a joke. There are a few forums online planning retaliatory protests if things go ahead on the weekend. I won't link to them for obvious reasons.

minnime

HSC
N/A
@Obvious

All those statements are out of context or altered in some way. If you don't believe me, how about actually reading the Hadith? Or are you going to believe anti-Islamic forums over the thousands of Islamic sites that are legit and show correct and unaltered statements from the Quran and Hadith?

I'm seeing a lot of ignorance..

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Muslims don't understand what freedom of speech is

More news at 11

minnime

HSC
N/A
@Azure

As far as I'm concerned it wasn't intended that way. I don't think Sam Bacile was expressing his views and I find it hard to believe that there was any desire to express an honest and informed opinion about Islam in his video. Its silly to pin this under 'freedom of expression'. How can you have an opinion about something you don't understand?

Interesting that this man was jailed for making anti-Semitic comments- is this not freedom of expression?

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2205698/Times-Square-Elmo-Man-arrested-shouting-anti-Semitic-rants.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

@Lolsmith

And on what basis are you making that comment?

Last edited:

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
@Azure

As far as I'm concerned it wasn't intended that way. I don't think Sam Bacile was expressing his views and I find it hard to believe that there was any desire to express an honest and informed opinion about Islam in his video. Its silly to pin this under 'freedom of expression'. How can you have an opinion about something you don't understand?

Interesting that this man was jailed for making anti-Semitic comments- is this not freedom of expression?

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2205698/Times-Square-Elmo-Man-arrested-shouting-anti-Semitic-rants.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

@Lolsmith

We discussed freedom of expression a few pages back. In a nutshell, the US Constitution allows for free speech provided that said speech is not responsible for inciting violence or imminent unlawful conduct. Under this definition, the video in question is permissible and this is reinforced by the fact that the US was powerless to remove it.

The link you posted says nothing regarding a limitation of freedom of expression. It suggests that the police fulfilled their duty of care towards the man in question by arresting him for his own protection and delivering him to a psychiatric facility to be assessed. If he was charged for anything, I suspect it would have been for public nuisance.

Last edited:

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Minnime, take a look at how many pages this thread has. Most of us have been here from the start, so I can promise you that almost every argument you can bring to mind has been debated thoroughly.

Islam is a peaceful and logical religion. If people would actually educate themselves about Islam or even just talk to the average Muslim instead or relying on the media to get their "facts" it would make all the difference and there would be a lot less hate.
Read over this and tell us what you think.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/Opinion-Polls.htm

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
@Lolsmith

Literally every singly Muslim in this thread, except JINOUGA, has no proper understanding of what freedom of speech entails. You *do not* have the right to not be offended, not in this country and not in any country that values liberty. People are allowed to create, write and produce works of whatever opinion.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
lol I didn't even see this but this is hilarious

minnime

HSC
N/A
Literally every singly Muslim in this thread, except JINOUGA, has no proper understanding of what freedom of speech entails. You *do not* have the right to not be offended, not in this country and not in any country that values liberty. People are allowed to create, write and produce works of whatever opinion.
I never disagreed with that. What I'm saying is that this concept of "freedom of expression" is being exploited and used as a tool to spread hate. Sam Bacile has very clearly set out to incite hatred against Muslims and Islam. This isn't really a matter of whether this is freedom of expression or not. This man is pushing a very extremist view and providing fodder for right-wing groups. Rather than supporting hate against any particular faith, whether it is Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism or the many others that exist we should be working towards promoting peace both cross-culturally and between religions.

What I am afraid of is that people are so quick to jump on the 'Muslims are terrorists' or 'Muslims are violent' bandwagon and suddenly you have extremism on both sides.

Nothing in his video was based on actual fact. It was intended as a brutal attack on the image of peace Muslims all around the world have been striving to promote for years. Bacile was looking for this kind of reaction for whatever reason- this movie wasn't made in good humour or as a political statement- there is no "opinion"- it was just made to incite hate. All I hope is that you can see that.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Also it's nice to see the faces of the children blurred. It's a shame that some of the other newspapers didn't blur them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)