Year 11 2014 Chat :) (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Re: The p00n thread

I think the best advice is to practice under exam conditions before the actual exam, so that you run through all these anxieties, and when you are doing your school exam, it will be easier to deal with these anxieties and have less since you are prepared for them. Furthermore, it is important to visualise before you sit an exam, visualise the exam room, the paper itself, the atmosphere, the timer, visualise yourself being calm, knowing how to do the questions, and writing down the right solutions, and acing the exam paper. I think practising and visualising may be two very beneficial techniques in helping you to alleviate your anxiety over maths exams. Don't be excessively anxious-use those butterflies to your advantage:)

One last thing, make sure you actually mark your answers when you practice at home under timed conditions:)
Thanks strawberrye , I might ask my teacher to conduct topic class tests..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

HSC '15- ATAR Goal: 90+

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC

To be completely honest, I feel like I lost my confidence in maths a good 9 months ago when I flunked my maths test and ended up with a 70. Thereafter, I have been dealing with anxiety in relation to math exams.

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

@dangerouss and justem you just gotta do more practice. Maths is a doing subject - one where you have to keep on doing questions and past papers to improve exam technique. It's not like English where you can just cram on the weekend and bullshit on the day.

EDIT: Too good strawberrye.
You are too kind Hawkrider:)

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Ah yes I do! So what days do you go exactly? Sorry for the questions I'm just curious
For maths I usually have it on Fridays - sometimes Saturdays depending on how busy I am on the aforementioned day.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

To be completely honest, I feel like I lost my confidence in maths a good 9 months ago when I flunked my maths test and ended up with a 70. Thereafter, I have been dealing with anxiety in relation to math exams.

Economics, Agriculture.

Don't let one test define your future test results. I literally failed a preliminary Maths Extension One exam and I picked myself up again. You can do it!-just gotta have faith in yourself:)

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC

Don't let one test define your future test results. I literally failed a preliminary Maths Extension One exam and I picked myself up again. You can do it!-just gotta have faith in yourself:)
You're honestly such an inspiration, you're so amazing :D

rainbowstar

HSC
Hey guys,
What maths tutoring centre do you guys go to?
Might think of joining it.

IcyRain

HSC
How i'm enjoying my subs
Adv English 8/10
G Maths 9/10
Legal 9/10
Bio 9/10
Business 6/10
SoR 6/10

moni5281

HSC
so pissed off right now, school is making me drop tafe course because it clashes with advanced english and the principal decided that we weren't allowed to miss out on a period of english to go to tafe because english is the only compulsory subject?!?! are they even allowed to do this? :(
now that i have to drop this course i have to pick up another subject to get to 12 units sheesh.

was thinking of picking up english extension because there is literally nothing else i want to do (eww science and health is out of the question because i hate it so much and legit fail it). also, i get a better teacher for advanced english if i change to extension, as they allocated the better teachers to the students who also took extension english. the problem is, i'm not sure if i can cope because i read books and stuff really slowly?? is that a really big problem? i think my essay writing is ok-ish (got 90 in yearly report), suck at creatives though lol

i also used to hate english until last year when i got a really awesome teacher who made me think english was ok, but with my current advanced teacher (if i dont pick up extension) i don't think i can stand going to classes OTL.

aiyaa, what do u guys think?

moving on... update from yesterday: decided to drop chemistry and take up japanese :D dont even know why i chose chemistry in the first place to be honest... and now doing no sciences trololololol

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Justem, I expect you to get a band 6 in English. (srs)
Oh my god no you're like my English teacher, I've had her for the past two year ( this year as well) and she already told me I'm a band six English student and I'm like no. Do not put this pressure on me. Fetus cannot handle expectations.

I expect a band six from you in ext1 and/or ext2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)