PHYS (1 Viewer)

Web Addict

HSC
on a scale of one to ten; how screwed are you?
I'd say 6. Andrew Taylor did say that the first 3 questions would be very easy and that you only needed to get 2 questions to pass the exam.

How's your preparations going for tomorrow?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say 6. Andrew Taylor did say that the first 3 questions would be very easy and that you only needed to get 2 questions to pass the exam.

How's your preparations going for tomorrow?
I I've just been doing the labs over again in timed conditions and it's a lot easier. i don't know how to do command line arguments or the FILE stuff and i got lost in about week 9-10 so gg from there

I'm also probably at a 6 or maybe 7. yes the first 2 questions will probs be easy (look at the exam skeleton). but q5+ gg lel

Web Addict

HSC
I I've just been doing the labs over again in timed conditions and it's a lot easier. i don't know how to do command line arguments or the FILE stuff and i got lost in about week 9-10 so gg from there

I'm also probably at a 6 or maybe 7. yes the first 2 questions will probs be easy (look at the exam skeleton). but q5+ gg lel
I probably won't even attempt Q6 and Q7. Do you reckon doing the first 5 questions will be enough for a Credit or Distinction?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I probably won't even attempt Q6 and Q7. Do you reckon doing the first 5 questions will be enough for a Credit or Distinction?
yeah i mean in the lectures andrew was saying the marks represent a "piecewise linear relationship" (or something like that lol) so i would assume maybe 4 questions would be enough for a bare credit and maybe q7 = HD, q6 = D (if you know what i mean :p), q5 = low D/high C, q4 = credit and anything lower is pass

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
With code take your time to think through things and check what you are doing.

Its very easy to do everything and then end up getting a result which is not what you want (from experience). And then just a few changes (maybe a few different things here and there) can make all the difference by maybe making it work or maybe ruining everything.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
With code take your time to think through things and check what you are doing.

Its very easy to do everything and then end up getting a result which is not what you want (from experience). And then just a few changes (maybe a few different things here and there) can make all the difference by maybe making it work or maybe ruining everything.
experienced that just then lol.

segment of my code:

for (i = 0; string != '\n'; i++) {
if (string != '\n' && string != '\0') {
count++;
} else {
continue;
}
}

it should be || lel fak gg

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
It's a counter - from a COMP1911 student who was and should be enrolled in 1917 but found it too hard lel

HSC
Uni Grad
I got theta = tan^(-1)(1/u).

Yeah.
A few of my friends said they got something like that.

But they couldn't explain why it had a maximum.
Same here. Welp Hi five :D

Though I fucked up my reasoning for the last bit. Was about to say that it was a stationary point and that it was a maximum but I forgot to prove that it was a maximum (ran out of time).

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
experienced that just then lol.

segment of my code:

for (i = 0; string != '\n'; i++) {
if (string != '\n' && string != '\0') {
count++;
} else {
continue;
}
}

it should be || lel fak gg

I'm not talking about syntax errors though. I'm talking about description errors. Like if you try to use an if or case statement then you need to make sure that you do everything in correct order. Especially since C deals with everything line by line in order. See I'm used stuff that does things simultaneously without worrying about order because of the languages I've learnt so that is a minimal error with what HDL does.

Only thing I understand from that (I have not done C yet only have done HDL) is that you have made a counter.

However in verilog for example we do this:

if (counter1 == parameter) begin /* the parameter is a number which is synchronous with a physical counter or some other counter so what we are doing is making a clock cycle here */
{counter2} = {counter2} + 1;
end

Or I could do something like this:

module AD (input A, input B, input C, output Z, output Y, output X);

assign Z = A&B&C;
assign Y = A^B^C;
assign X = ~Y&(Z^Y);

endmodule

So that all happens simultaneously so that a voltage is applied to all the elements used simultaneously.

Again this is for HDL though so it has nothing to do with software languages.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Same here. Welp Hi five :D

Though I fucked up my reasoning for the last bit. Was about to say that it was a stationary point and that it was a maximum but I forgot to prove that it was a maximum (ran out of time).
Hi five.

But I lost those ten marks already lol.

Its done can't really weep over anything.

Web Addict

HSC
Guys, look on the bright side: PHYS is done and dusted............... for a couple of weeks.

Web Addict

HSC
What was that question? Does anyone have the paper?
We couldn't keep the paper because the answer pages were in the same booklet.

Why couldn't the Faculty of Physics separated the questions and answers? I was so annoying having to continuously turn the pages to refer back to the question.

D94

HSC
N/A
No worries. Sounded like one of those questions where half the cohort get one answer and the other half gets another answer.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Tbh, I don't think anyone is going to use that thread AD lel
My hope's are shattered.

w0t is this I thought COMP was more commonly done.

edit: If you post some questions up there or if I give you a question then maybe you can do it.

Or if you make something and I can clearly understand what you are doing (just by looking at it for example with the counter) then maybe you are on the right track.

Also, you might be able to encourage others to join in and do questions with you lol.

Alternatively just refer to asking stuff on the moodle forums.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)