CSSA Chemistry (1 Viewer)

akame

HSC
What's the disadvantages of aas on the understanding of trace elements than, high initial cost for machine and testing one at a time is not one
Disadvantage would be that AAS could be used to detect only minute concentrations and would be inaccurate for detecting large amounts of trace elements. thus other methods would be used in order to gain an undersdtanding

Also it would be good to mention AAS is only used for metal ions and not for non metals

Last edited:

JAMLO

HSC
It said the understanding of trace elements not the understanding of how aas works, like advantages are like human exposure to lead, through aas we are able to diagnose the symptoms and provide medicine, see that's how focusing on the understanding

sharoooooo

HSC
How did you guys find the option. Did anyone do Industrial Chemistry? our school didn't even teach us half the stuff there
LOL SAME!! My school didnt even teach some of the things. Industrial was okay, but Part e lost me...wbu?

JAMLO

HSC
LOL SAME!! My school didnt even teach some of the things. Industrial was okay, but Part e lost me...wbu?
what was part e about, the NaOH production? You had to write the equations for that one and how there harms can be minimised and what were the harms

sharoooooo

HSC
Did u guys get the water quality qn right?
The membrane filter one? and how to test for phosphate in water?
Or the compare conc of TDS in Site A and Site C? (the one with the map in the question)

Last edited:

sharoooooo

HSC
what was part e about, the NaOH production? You had to write the equations for that one and how there harms can be minimised and what were the harms
Part e had the electrolytic cell for part i).
e.ii) was about the products of concentrated aqueous NaCl and dilute NaCl in electrolysis, and incl equations
eiii) about the molten NaCl

and for NaOH production, that was part d i think..... I didnt do equations, just talked about Membrane process and Solvay :(

JAMLO

HSC
Part e had the electrolytic cell for part i).
e.ii) was about the products of concentrated aqueous NaCl and dilute NaCl in electrolysis, and incl equations
eiii) about the molten NaCl

and for NaOH production, that was part d i think..... I didnt do equations, just talked about Membrane process and Solvay :(
the one that you had to draw the electrolytic cell was easy had to label anode and cathode

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)