CSSA Physics Trial Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Mr_Kap

HSC
Had the trial today. pretty easy although the question on the cathode ray screening for tvs was a bit odd. For those who did quanta to quarks that looked ridicuolously hard we had the section rewritten for where we were up to and it was dead easy.
Yeh.... what was the difference between the question before the tv question and the tv question?

Mr_Kap

HSC
What was the answer to the multiple choice with the wires, the triangle one?

sharoooooo

HSC
What was the answer to the multiple choice with the wires, the triangle one?
apparently B from what ive heard from most friends. but i put C :(

Yeh.... what was the difference between the question before the tv question and the tv question?
first one was more directed for CRO so discussing accelerating anodes and focussing and directing beam using E fields. and the second was similar i guess. but for CRTV, could mention helmholtz coils, shadow mask, grid, etc to deflect corresponding electron guns to phosphor pixel

Last edited:

Mr_Kap

HSC
apparently B from what ive heard from most friends. but i put C :(

first one was more directed for CRO so discussing accelerating anodes and focussing and directing beam using E fields. and the second was similar i guess. but for CRTV, could mention helmholtz coils, shadow mask, grid, etc to deflect corresponding electron guns to phosphor pixel
No i put C as well. :(

And yeh I pretty much just wrote the same thing for both (I wrote overboard on both though)..not expecting to get more than 1 mark out of 2 for the TV one..i forgot to mention helmholtz coil

Mr_Kap

HSC
I hated that there was hardly any maths this year.

If you look at other CSSA trials they have projectile motion AS WELL as like one of these: Orbital Velocity or Gravitational Potential energy, or F = GmM/r^2

Mr_Kap

HSC
What was the answer to the AC Generator multiple choice...A or C?

Mr_Kap

HSC
AND THAT GRAPH ON RELATIVITY!!!! WITH THE 5 MARKER!!!!!

what did we have to mention?

vflaash

HSC
what the hell was that 5 mark question on the process of the structure of AC voltage and the affects on society? I said stuff about noise pollution during construction and a visual eyesore .. defs not physics to me

Mr_Kap

HSC
what the hell was that 5 mark question on the process of the structure of AC voltage and the affects on society? I said stuff about noise pollution during construction and a visual eyesore .. defs not physics to me

Nah that was decent question. - I didn't get to finish my answer though I ran out of time...should get 3/5 marks easy...maybe 4.
You had to also talk about the NEED for them.
Mainly I just talked about Transformers and AC Generators, why we needed them (especially transformers)...and then positive and negative impacts on society of them: Allowed for Generators to be built outside of towns hence, pollution not in city. Also, improvements to quality of living and good appliances showing the increasing uptake of electricity etc... Then about fossil fuels and the pollution factor as a negative. Electricity also led to unemployment as many unskilled jobs could now be done with machines that took electricity.

vflaash

HSC
oh really, i wrote about why we have sub stations (transformers) and stuff but i thought it wasnt answering the question thats why i added random shit it and went out of the lines ahah

spatula232

HSC
AND THAT GRAPH ON RELATIVITY!!!! WITH THE 5 MARKER!!!!!

what did we have to mention?
idk that screwed me over too. It's to do with the last dot point of relativity. What did get for the first part of it?

vflaash

HSC
yeh same. I'm hope that's correct..as it was just a standard question.
how brutal was that newspaper article to say MM experiment was a failure to the physics community

Last edited:

duhdevitt

HSC
For that multiple choice question with the Kepler's law graph, the answer is D not C

Mr_Kap

HSC
it was so mean aha
I was laughing inside my head when i read that question.
I described the method and then I said that the newspaper article was true, as the Aether actually does exist, and the experiment was destined to fail because it wasn't using the right method....and then I talked about how the illuminati actually sponsored the Michelson-Morley experiment so that the people could believe the Aether wasn't real because that's where Satan lives, so now no-one apart from the Illuminati will find him. Hence, it was a failure to hpysics

Mr_Kap

HSC
For that multiple choice question with the Kepler's law graph, the answer is D not C
I can't remember what I put, but it wasn't a hard question except for if you got tricked that the gradient given was the wrong way round than on the formula

sy37

HSC
Fairly straight forward, got the stuff I studied down right. I loved the michelson morley question <3. I bullshitted alot about the need for AC generators or whatever, but made logical sense from what I've read. Projectile motion question got me hard, I didn't study it at all :\. Some multiple choice questions made me go wtf I've never seen this before.

I'm glad they only included relevant equations this year, past cssa papers had calculating GPE, orbital velocity..none actually on the syllabus.

Quanta 2 quarks was weird - not expecting to do particularly well but I did some questions OK.

My teacher was one of the examiners this year (again..) :D

The relativity graph confused me abit, first I got 300 then I did it again and got like 220~ish, can't remember which one I ended up going with..weird

Mr_Kap

HSC
Fairly straight forward, got the stuff I studied down right. I loved the michelson morley question <3. I bullshitted alot about the need for AC generators or whatever, but made logical sense from what I've read. Projectile motion question got me hard, I didn't study it at all :\. Some multiple choice questions made me go wtf I've never seen this before.

I'm glad they only included relevant equations this year, past cssa papers had calculating GPE, orbital velocity..none actually on the syllabus.

Quanta 2 quarks was weird - not expecting to do particularly well but I did some questions OK.

My teacher was one of the examiners this year (again..) :D

The relativity graph confused me abit, first I got 300 then I did it again and got like 220~ish, can't remember which one I ended up going with..weird
1) I loved the michelson morley question too...very easy.
2) The projectile I found was standard, but TBH everything is standard after doing 3u projectiles.
3)The Multiple choice fucked me over so bad....some of that shit I was like WTF is this!! And I wasted like 35 minutes on the multiple choice..wish i could go back and I would only have spent 25 minutes on the Multiple choice...as I didn't end up finishing an easy question (the ac generator/transformer one and the impacts etc...). Anyway, I probably only got 14/20 for the multiple choice.
4) I hated that there was no calculating GPE, orbital velocity, etc.. because that's so easy, and its only maths...no theory.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)