Need advise for Tutoring Year 7 (1 Viewer)

legacyt

HSC
Hi All,

I'm about to join Fort Street, and I would like to continue my tutoring (previously I did at Pre-uni)

But for Year 7, 8 or 9 which tutoring center should I try?
Any good recommendations? is Pre-uni good for year 7 onward? Strathfield or Paramatta?

I dont plan to do private tutoring until may be year 10.
I have got few advise that I dont need to focus much on Science yet... just Math and ENglish until year 9

Need some advise here Thank you.

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Hi All,

I'm about to join Fort Street, and I would like to continue my tutoring (previously I did at Pre-uni)

Any good recommendations? is Pre-uni good for year 7 onward? Strathfield or Paramatta?

I have got few advise that I dont need to focus much on Science yet... just Math and ENglish until year 9

You're in year 6?

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Is it normal not to do tutoring in year 7-9?
I mean I did. Would I say it's necessary? No. I think tutoring for maths and English should be the only 2 you go for. The reason is, tutoring can give you good foundational understanding of maths/english and helps you wire your thinking for each subjects which you may not get from just school.

If you can afford it, why not.

carrotsss

HSC
bro tutoring is only probs recommended from y10 onwards because nothing really matters until then
yeah I rlly don’t get why you’d get tutoring in those years, it’s not even necessary in yr12 let alone yr7. imo it would be much better to develop self studying skills in those years, plus u rlly don’t have to study that much in those years to do well like I did fine and I pretty much did no work from yr7-10

s97127

HSC
Hi All,

Quite a few of my JR friends did not have tutoring in year 7 but in year 8 they started going to Dr Du doing year 9 math. Some also have private English tutors from year 8.

stevie444

HSC
oh please
no tutoring is definitely not necessary ever assuming you work hard. I've never had tutoring and never considered it a disadvantage. I've always taken pleasure in destroying the tutoring kids in exams and learning it yourself will not only set you up better for future school, but also if you just work hard yourself I've found you do better than if you replace those hours with tutoring

s97127

HSC
no tutoring is definitely not necessary ever assuming you work hard. I've never had tutoring and never considered it a disadvantage. I've always taken pleasure in destroying the tutoring kids in exams and learning it yourself will not only set you up better for future school, but also if you just work hard yourself I've found you do better than if you replace those hours with tutoring
Do you go to top schools?

C_master

HSC
Ye but if your generally aiming for the top bands/atar then 'working hard' is not only enough and you cant change my mind coz its generally true

stevie444

HSC
Ye but if your generally aiming for the top bands/atar then 'working hard' is not only enough and you cant change my mind coz its generally true
ok, I know tons of exceotions to this "rule" but maybe biased in a kind of survivorship bias. Part of it was I couldn't afford tutoring so didnt have a choice so had to make do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)