yr 11 chem in yr 10 without accel (1 Viewer)

Wizard_of_Aus

HSC
I'm in year 10 rn and I was wondering whether to continue my trial for yr 11 chem with Mr Caswe in Zhangs. I kinda understand the content but I've missed mod 1, and mod 2 and I am not in accel at school. I heard that going ahead in chem will make it easier for me in year 12 but others have said that I'm too late and it would be hard to catch up by myself. What should I do???

koala123

HSC
Yeah same here I've been to NGO but I don't really like it there and would really like some other opinions.

HSC
I'm in year 10 rn and I was wondering whether to continue my trial for yr 11 chem with Mr Caswe in Zhangs. I kinda understand the content but I've missed mod 1, and mod 2 and I am not in accel at school. I heard that going ahead in chem will make it easier for me in year 12 but others have said that I'm too late and it would be hard to catch up by myself. What should I do???
Im literally in the same situation but at ace. Im doing phys and chem at ace (im in yr 10 but doing yr11). For phys, i understand mod1 and mod 2 but for chem its a little harder. My friend told me to do it bc it will help me in the hsc but what should i do? it just feels like an impossible situation. pls helpppppp

thotester

HSC
Im in the same situation but at peak :eek::eek:

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
hey yall with the same situation, if you don't have the initiative and/or time to self-learn and catch up on everything you've missed, there's no point continuing to pay for a tutoring place to keep making you go further and further ahead without you understanding the foundations (idk about phys but for chem mod 2 is a decently easy mod but it's also i'd argue the most important because it introduces all the quantitative calculations needed for it). going ahead for sciences is pretty beneficial in that if you finish the syllabus before a certain time you can just spam past papers and learn how to tackle harder exam-style questions but you should also weigh in your own capabilities

but with that being said it isn't hard to catch up to your peers so you can stay in tutoring but if you feel they're going too fast while you don't understand anything and you don't feel like you can self-learn and catch up it might be more beneficial for you to drop. i know for some tutoring places they have two streams where they start the modules a half a year or a year ahead and another is just a term or a bit longer than that ahead. a term ahead isn't as bad or as detrimental as some of you may think it is, i chose to only be a term ahead of content for chem (i did a module in the holidays before term started) and it worked out alright for me because that meant i wasn't being overwhelmed with the entire modules and i had the whole term to consolidate and do past paper questions and i ended up doing decent for chem hsc. at the end it's up to you and whether you feel like you can catch up on the content yourself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)