Thread: Getting a b6 in maths and physics?

HSC

Getting a b6 in maths and physics?

Hey guys, based on my semester 2 marks, i've really f*cked up maths and phys. my ranks are

109/140 for 3U
    85/100 for 4u
    62/70 for physics

i really really screwed them up by just freaking out and being anxious in the exams and obviously underpreparing. I got to a top 5-10 school and usually 50-60 get a b6 in 3u maths, and maybe 30 in 4u. Probably around 20 for physics. I want to know if, with my remaining 65-70% if I can pull this up enough to be able to get a b6 in maths and maybe physics. I'm really nervous as I do have an atar goal of 99+ but I really realised and started trying way too late. As for my other subjects, I've got single digit ranks in adv english and ext 1 english and im doing decently in eco.

I'd really appreciate any advice as I'm freaking out a little haha thanks.

HSC
    Uni Grad

Re: Getting a b6 in maths and physics?

It will be very hard

Try to do your best in the remaining tasks to get into the top 40 for math and 15 in physics that would give you a good chance
    Free MX1 Notes: http://tinyurl.com/freeMX1notes
    ATAR: 36.85 | TAFE Diploma of Technical Engineering @ Mt Druitt Campus

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Squar3root View Post
    It will be very hard

Try to do your best in the remaining tasks to get into the top 40 for math and 15 in physics that would give you a good chance
    thanks man, i will really knuckle down and try. just scared that its to late is all.

Loquacious One
    HSC
    N/A

Que Sera, Sera. Whatever will be will be!

Just do your very best. Find out how you can do a lot better by diagnosing your past weaknesses. You may not be the best person to do this yourself. Seek help from your teacher, friends or a personal tutor - ASAP.

You gave your relative positions. But what were your marks?
    Last edited by Drongoski; 9 Apr 2017 at 8:21 AM.
    1-on-1 Maths Tutoring(IB & HSC): Epping, Beecroft, Eastwood, Carlingford & Beyond
    IB: Maths Studies, Maths SL & Maths HL; HSC: 2U, 3U & 4U
    Highly Qualified & Highly Experienced. Estimated ATAR > 9.995
    There are IB Maths Tutors and there are IB Maths Tutors.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Drongoski View Post
    Que Sera, Sera. Whatever will be will be!

Just do your very best. Find out how you can do a lot better by diagnosing your past weaknesses. You may not be the best person to do this yourself. Seek help from your teacher, friends or a personal tutor - ASAP.

You gave your relative positions. But what were your marks?
    I did speak to my teachers, and most of it is just me stressing myself out. I know i need to practice more, but just really nervous about it. For all subjects mentioned i am about 10-15/100 marks behind the average.

Thanks for the reply

HSC

oh gosh dw i can relate. i too go to a top-ish selective skool and i stuffed my mid-yearlies and used to be rank 1 in a subject but i'm probably now last considering i asked everyone their marks and mine was lower than all of theirs my 4u and 3u ranks are also pretty bad im ranked 35/46 for 4u and ~30/100 for 3u. hahaha dont even get me into english (rank 80/160 kms))). I've lost all hope for getting a 99+ atar honestly...I underestimated how stressful the HSC yr rlly is.
    Atar aim: 99.95

^not gonna happen at this rate though

holy fudge 2 more months left til graduation... bittersweet feelingz

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by aycaramba View Post
    oh gosh dw i can relate. i too go to a top-ish selective skool and i stuffed my mid-yearlies and used to be rank 1 in a subject but i'm probably now last considering i asked everyone their marks and mine was lower than all of theirs my 4u and 3u ranks are also pretty bad im ranked 35/46 for 4u and ~30/100 for 3u. hahaha dont even get me into english (rank 80/160 kms))). I've lost all hope for getting a 99+ atar honestly...I underestimated how stressful the HSC yr rlly is.
    all g no worries u will get thru it
    Physics, Chem, Bio, Maths Extension 2, Advanced English

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by remras View Post
    Hey guys, based on my semester 2 marks, i've really f*cked up maths and phys. my ranks are

109/140 for 3U
    85/100 for 4u
    62/70 for physics

i really really screwed them up by just freaking out and being anxious in the exams and obviously underpreparing. I got to a top 5-10 school and usually 50-60 get a b6 in 3u maths, and maybe 30 in 4u. Probably around 20 for physics. I want to know if, with my remaining 65-70% if I can pull this up enough to be able to get a b6 in maths and maybe physics. I'm really nervous as I do have an atar goal of 99+ but I really realised and started trying way too late. As for my other subjects, I've got single digit ranks in adv english and ext 1 english and im doing decently in eco.

It's going to be extremely difficult at this stage.

HSC

109/140 for 3U
    85/100 for 4u
    62/70 for physics

Nothing is impossible!!
    Keep working hard and persevere through to do your best in the rest of the internals, and remember that the external is worth 50% of your hsc so a long way to go!
    2016 Preliminary

Maths Extension • English Advanced • Biology • Legal Studies • Physics • PDHPE

2017 HSC

Maths Extension 2 • English Advanced • Biology • Physics • PDHPE

Atar aim: 97
    Desired Course: Physiotherapy

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Rathin View Post
    Nothing is impossible!!
    Keep working hard and persevere through to do your best in the rest of the internals, and remember that the external is worth 50% of your hsc so a long way to go!
    thanks man! a lot of people are saying its going to be extremely difficult, but i do know that my friend who ranked 20 in the first assessment and then 90 in the second is now in the 70s (given it did weigh more), so the fluctuation is massive. Im kinda freaking out cos everyones saying its going to be crazy hard but, is there hope?

HSC

thanks man! a lot of people are saying its going to be extremely difficult, but i do know that my friend who ranked 20 in the first assessment and then 90 in the second is now in the 70s (given it did weigh more), so the fluctuation is massive. Im kinda freaking out cos everyones saying its going to be crazy hard but, is there hope?
    There is always hope. Thinking about previous results isn't going to help you get band 6. Working hard for the rest of the year will. Don't worry about what people think, its about what you think. Do you think you will be achieve a band 6? Do you want to work hard to get a band 6? If your answer was yes for both then it is very possible if you improve for the rest of the year.
    2016 Preliminary

Maths Extension • English Advanced • Biology • Legal Studies • Physics • PDHPE

2017 HSC

Maths Extension 2 • English Advanced • Biology • Physics • PDHPE

Atar aim: 97
    Desired Course: Physiotherapy

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Rathin View Post
    There is always hope. Thinking about previous results isn't going to help you get band 6. Working hard for the rest of the year will. Don't worry about what people think, its about what you think. Do you think you will be achieve a band 6? Do you want to work hard to get a band 6? If your answer was yes for both then it is very possible if you improve for the rest of the year.
    Thanks for this! Its a massive morale boost! I'll try hard for the remaining exams

Thread Information