Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sourmilk

Thread: Year 11 taking the LAT?

HSC

Question Year 11 taking the LAT?

Since you can sit the LAT in Year 11, would that be a good idea or bad?

I was wondering whether they take into consideration that someone in Year 11 is competing against people in Year 12 as well as external transfers or is everyone marked the same regardless of age/position?

Also it would be much appreciated if someone who has experienced that LAT could provide their opinion on whether a Year 11 would be capable of achieving a competent mark in the LAT.

Thank you!

Executive Member
    HSC

Re: Year 11 taking the LAT?

I did it in year 11. Why is it bad? You can do it once per year. And the best one counts.

HSC

Re: Year 11 taking the LAT?

I didn't do the LAT but I have friends who did, your age is no benefit to the actual exam since the actual exam are just persuasive writing text etc. Besides, the HSC syllabus isn't advantageous in anyway that people in Year 12 would benefit greatly from - there are people in university who are doing the UMAT who are competing with Year 12's, but that doesn't affect what it's marked because it's a seperate category that either party learns at school. Personally I think that doing it in Year 11 would be beneficial since you don't have the added stress and study in Year 12, and if you're unhappy with your year 11 mark you can retake it and as the dude above stated, the best one counts.
    alicm likes this.

Thread Information