• 1 Post By sourmilk
  • 2 Post By Esse
  • 1 Post By 30june2016
  • 2 Post By Ahlwong
  • 3 Post By 30june2016

Thread: Type of pen to use

HSC

Type of pen to use

Hey guys! For english, I like to write with my hands slanted as it allows me to relax and write a lot more faster with little muscle pain. However, sometimes the ink doesn't fully get printed so what pen do you recommend? Also, what pen do you use?

HSC

Re: Type of pen to use

I find the jet streams are really good for essay writing and highly recommend it! I just completed my two English exams and accomplished 2 1000 word essays in 80 minutes.
    Snowflek likes this.
    HSC: 2017
    Subjects: Mathematics, English Advanced, Physics, Chemistry, Information Software and Technology, Legal studies, Mathematics Extension (1 unit)
    ATAR goal: 90

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflek View Post
    Hey guys! For english, I like to write with my hands slanted as it allows me to relax and write a lot more faster with little muscle pain. However, sometimes the ink doesn't fully get printed so what pen do you recommend? Also, what pen do you use?
    I use muji because it's thin and light to hold as well as being comfortable to write with. I can write 900 words in 40 mins but I hold the pen really weirdly, no one else holds it the same so I guess my tight grip affects it.

I used to use jetstream which is pretty smooth but the pen is pretty heavy and tall so it's a bit slower but the main reason why I stopped was because the pen ink is thick so the teacher couldn't read my writing.
    Snowflek likes this.
    Offering tutoring for Biology, Maths, Maths Ext 1, and Maths Ext 2.

Solar Education - CHEAP Quality Tutoring

Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016 HSC (Accelerated): // 2U Maths (97) // SOR 1 (48) //
    2017 HSC: // English Adv // Bio // Phys // 3U Maths // 4U Maths //
    Goal: 99.8+

The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

BIC Cristal easyglide for exams

For general purpose BIC disposable fountain pen.
    Snowflek likes this.
    I can barely see up and down and back again
    Despite what you believe I keep away from trouble
    If who I am today's a sign of where I'm going
    I'm ready to embrace

Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD

Cadet
    HSC

i use any pens i can get my hands on as sometimes i forget to bring stuff

however ive found the ones that they give out for free at dolton house can write 1600-2000 words in 40mins (this is for creative where your thinking is smooth that u can write non stop for 40mins) and in esays a bit less arround 1.2k words

sadly ran out of the dolton house pens so im using some papermate injoy gel 0.7 which allows u to write slanted and since its thick teacher can c ur writing

wouldnt reccomend going with "muji" pens as they are the proclaimed weaboo pens and every weaboo thinks that theyre godly pens just because they come from japan but in reality theyre just messy inky poorly made pens
    Snowflek likes this.

HSC

Pilot Dr. Grip are my favourite.
    Snowflek likes this.
    Sxc avatar made by a sxc person: carrotontheground http://community.boredofstudies.org/...otontheground/

HSC

I used to use BIC Cristal easyglide but I injured my wrist from too much writing(ironically it was math). The way I write was that I put too much pressure onto the page with most of my pen movement coming from my wrist rather than my whole arm. Recently I've been using Artline 200 Fineliner with a lot of success. Since its a felt tip pen I don't have to put any pressure at all for the ink to be visible. Though its still hard to get out of the habit of using my wrist a lot.
    pikachu975 and Snowflek like this.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by No Study View Post
    i use any pens i can get my hands on as sometimes i forget to bring stuff

however ive found the ones that they give out for free at dolton house can write 1600-2000 words in 40mins (this is for creative where your thinking is smooth that u can write non stop for 40mins) and in esays a bit less arround 1.2k words

sadly ran out of the dolton house pens so im using some papermate injoy gel 0.7 which allows u to write slanted and since its thick teacher can c ur writing

wouldnt reccomend going with "muji" pens as they are the proclaimed weaboo pens and every weaboo thinks that theyre godly pens just because they come from japan but in reality theyre just messy inky poorly made pens
    Try a pen before you trash talk it. It's not inky at all you can literally rub it right after you write it won't smudge. Why's it messy and poorly made?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HSC

I know a friend who used a fountain pen for her English exam. While impractical, it was smooth and enabled her to write real fast and it didn't ache her hand since the fountain pen's positioning allowed her wrist to like not die.

I recommend a pen that is light, I used a 0.5mm pen from Morning Glory and it worked fine.
    Snowflek likes this.

Cadet
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu975 View Post
    Try a pen before you trash talk it. It's not inky at all you can literally rub it right after you write it won't smudge. Why's it messy and poorly made?
    ive used muji pens before so im talking about it from experience lol? it literally drips ink so im not sure wat ur on about

HSC

Muji 0.5 is bae
    pikachu975 and Snowflek like this.
    HSC 2016:

English Advanced [90] • Mathematics [95] • Mathematics Extension 1 [92] • Chemistry [92] • Business Studies [95] • Economics [91]

98.65 (All-Rounders)

B. Information Systems/B. Comm @ UNSW '20

HSC

ive used muji pens before so im talking about it from experience lol? it literally drips ink so im not sure wat ur on about
    pikachu975 is talking about the retractable 0.7 ballpoint muji pen with the rubber grip which isn't inky and quite smooth to use/i write neater + my hand doesn't hurt much

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflek
    what pen do you recommend?
    if you write vvv slanted i'd recommend using inkjoys or retractable jetstreams!!!!

honestly just go to officeworks or a newsagent something and just try out all the pens there to see what's good since u never know until u try
    Snowflek likes this.

HSC

Thank you all for the recommendation!

HSC

Pilot I prefer. But actually I don't quite care and I write with any pen I have inside my schoolbag LOL.

HSC

I started using Muji's pens and they are fantastic. Ink is constantly coming out so everything gets printed when you right fast.

Bonus is they're refillable. The pen costs $1.50 at Town Hall. Would recommend heading there for some nice pens
    pikachu975 and terushi like this.

Cadet
    HSC

I use Uniball Signo Gel RT 0.7 for exams and practice exams, whatever pens I can get my hands on for other stuff. My writing is much neater and faster (1200 words/40mins) when I use the nice pens Although recently I've had a couple of dodgy ones that have had air bubbles in the ink, and they get a little harder to use as they run out. On the whole I love them

Cadet
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by 30june2016 View Post
    pikachu975 is talking about the retractable 0.7 ballpoint muji pen with the rubber grip which isn't inky and quite smooth to use/i write neater + my hand doesn't hurt much

if you write vvv slanted i'd recommend using inkjoys or retractable jetstreams!!!!

honestly just go to officeworks or a newsagent something and just try out all the pens there to see what's good since u never know until u try
    I mean whatever you guys say just telling snowflek the real advice because just because something is made in japan doesnt make it better than everything else.

ur location is literally writen in japanese so i dont think i have to say anything else regarding muji pens.

HSC

I mean whatever you guys say just telling snowflek the real advice because just because something is made in japan doesnt make it better than everything else.

ur location is literally writen in japanese so i dont think i have to say anything else regarding muji pens.
    I don't see any comment regarding muji pens being good because they're made in Japan

Cadet
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu975 View Post
    I don't see any comment regarding muji pens being good because they're made in Japan
    Ryohin Keikaku Co., Ltd. (株式会社良品計画 Kabushiki-gaisha Ryōhin Keikaku) (TYO: 7453), or Muji (無印良品 Mujirushi Ryōhin) is a Japanese retail company which sells a wide variety of household and consumer goods.

HSC

no like i feel, ik what you mean - some of their OTHER gel pens are super inky and are impractical in exam situations and have no grip

but like

I never said the one we meant was better than everything else just bc it was made in Japan!!!!

correlation does not imply causation!!!!

and dont discriminate just bc im a 12v w33b thankz vry much

Last edited by 30june2016; 29 Jul 2017 at 7:17 PM.

HSC

Ryohin Keikaku Co., Ltd. (株式会社良品計画 Kabushiki-gaisha Ryōhin Keikaku) (TYO: 7453), or Muji (無印良品 Mujirushi Ryōhin) is a Japanese retail company which sells a wide variety of household and consumer goods.
    Relevant reply

Thread Information