Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Sp3ctre
  • 1 Post By _Anonymous
  • 1 Post By _Anonymous
  • 1 Post By OriginalCopy

Thread: Syllabus changes 2019 - question

HSC

Question Syllabus changes 2019 - question

So I've heard that there have been syllabus changes for science, maths, and English courses starting 2019. I've chosen to do two science subjects, but apparently the syllabus changes are pretty big for science and I'm wondering how this is going to change the way me and other people studying science will have to study. Will this make lots of the past papers irrelevant? And how am I going to study additions to the syllabus content without past papers??? I've heard that past papers are a big part of studying science subjects, but how is this gonna change the way I study? I'm worried about this and I'm considering changing subjects because of it.
    Preliminary HSC (2018)
    English (Advanced) | Studies of Religion 1 | Legal Studies | Mathematics (Accelerated) | Chemistry | Physics

HSC

Re: Syllabus changes 2019 - question

Yes, the past HSC papers will be irrelevant but I remember hearing my teacher telling us that NESA will publish practice papers for the 2019 HSC, there are also websites where you can download trial papers from other schools. You shouldn't be worried because everyone is in the same boat as you.
    ridy likes this.
    HSC 2017: English Adv - Maths Ext 1 - Maths Ext 2 - Chemistry - Physics
    ATAR Aim: 97.30

Cadet
    HSC

I wouldn't worry too much about Physics, you seem to be pretty capable at maths. Shouldn't be too much of an issue.
    HSC 2017: General Maths (92) | Standard English (88) | Biology (90) | Business Studies (91) | Modern History (81) | SOR 1 (46)
    ATAR: 92.95

HSC

Whilst you are doing the new Chemistry and Physics syllabus and the past papers may be a lil irrelevant or 'pointless', like the others said, don't worry too much, it's just more mathematically based for both sciences. Your year will be the trial year and HSC markers will design HSC exam questions to properly correlate to the new syllabus outcomes, so don't fret too much and don't change your subjects because of this, you can still use some of the past papers but they won't be as useful as they were before, just more 'laws and calculations will be assessed'
    You're also doing acc maths so I'm sure you can deal with it as it comes Good Luck buddy!
    I spend too much time on this website

HSC 2018!!

English Advanced Genny Maths Biology Legal Studies Modern History Economics History Extension

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Sp3ctre View Post
    Yes, the past HSC papers will be irrelevant but I remember hearing my teacher telling us that NESA will publish practice papers for the 2019 HSC, there are also websites where you can download trial papers from other schools. You shouldn't be worried because everyone is in the same boat as you.
    Ok thanks, that's great to know.
    Preliminary HSC (2018)
    English (Advanced) | Studies of Religion 1 | Legal Studies | Mathematics (Accelerated) | Chemistry | Physics

HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by red152 View Post
    So I've heard that there have been syllabus changes for science, maths, and English courses starting 2019. I've chosen to do two science subjects, but apparently the syllabus changes are pretty big for science and I'm wondering how this is going to change the way me and other people studying science will have to study. Will this make lots of the past papers irrelevant? And how am I going to study additions to the syllabus content without past papers??? I've heard that past papers are a big part of studying science subjects, but how is this gonna change the way I study? I'm worried about this and I'm considering changing subjects because of it.
    schools will probably purchase commercial papers.
    most of the past papers will be irrelevant. If I get around to it, I might start splitting papers by topic, so that useful questions can still be done.
    2014 HSC
    2015 Gap Year
    2016-2018 UOW Bachelor of Maths/Maths Advanced.

Links:
    View English Notes (no download). Purchase a downloadable/printable copy on SELLFY here + Year 10 notes
    Maths Notes - Free Sample
    Chemistry Notes Sample + Buy (soon)

thsconline: https://thsconline.github.io/s/ (2017 papers uploaded)

HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by 489 View Post
    that's sad
    for english & science yes they will be irrelevant. maths you might be able to milk existing resources, since the syllabus changes aren't too massive.
    2014 HSC
    2015 Gap Year
    2016-2018 UOW Bachelor of Maths/Maths Advanced.

Links:
    View English Notes (no download). Purchase a downloadable/printable copy on SELLFY here + Year 10 notes
    Maths Notes - Free Sample
    Chemistry Notes Sample + Buy (soon)

thsconline: https://thsconline.github.io/s/ (2017 papers uploaded)

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by dan964 View Post
    for english & science yes they will be irrelevant. maths you might be able to milk existing resources, since the syllabus changes aren't too massive.
    I thought the Math syllabus wasn't being changed for 2019 students? At least for 2U,3U and 4U Math.
    ridy likes this.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by 489 View Post
    That's what I thought too, apparently the final syllabus still hasn't been made.
    Who told you that? If the final syllabus hasn't been made, then the textbooks for next year won't have been made. im so confused rn
    Preliminary HSC (2018)

HSC

"The new Stage 6 syllabuses for English, Mathematics Standard, Science and History, including five Life Skills courses are now available on the NSW Syllabuses site. For all other Stage 6 courses, please visit the NESA website."

That was quoted from NESA's website: https://syllabus.nesa.nsw.edu.au/stage-6/

So from that, I guess it's safe to say 2U,3U and 4U Math won't have their syllabuses changed for 2019 HSC students.
    ridy likes this.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by _Anonymous View Post
    "The new Stage 6 syllabuses for English, Mathematics Standard, Science and History, including five Life Skills courses are now available on the NSW Syllabuses site. For all other Stage 6 courses, please visit the NESA website."

That was quoted from NESA's website: https://syllabus.nesa.nsw.edu.au/stage-6/

So from that, I guess it's safe to say 2U,3U and 4U Math won't have their syllabuses changed for 2019 HSC students.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Preliminary HSC (2018)

HSC

Standard mathematics is the only maths course that will have changes in their syllabus for 2019.
    ridy likes this.

Thread Information