Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JaxsenW
  • 1 Post By JaxsenW

Thread: ATAR Estimate Please...

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    1

    ATAR Estimate Please...

    Okay, so I'm just going into Year 12 now, so I know that it's really early, but I'm just curious for what roughly it looks like so far.

    School Rank 2016: 454
    School Rank 2015: 201
    School Rank 2014: 288
    School Rank 2013: 291

    English Advanced: 3/38
    Chemistry: 1/22
    Physics: 1/15
    Advanced Maths: 1/18
    Extension Maths: 1/3
    Modern History: 2/15

    I've since dropped Modern, and have picked up Extension 2 Maths, and I am the only one in it.
    I also topped Chemistry, Physics, 2U and 3U by quite a bit..

    I am hoping for around 95 in the end.

    Any estimates are appreciated, thanks

    *Edit: These results were from the Prelim Year
    Last edited by JaxsenW; 30 Nov 2017 at 7:40 PM.

  2. #2
    Junior Member BenHowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Blue Mountains
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: ATAR Estimate Please...

    It will all pretty much depend on how u go in your HSC exams. There's no real limit. But make sure with all your internal results as long as ur coming first, your marks dont matter. Prepare for the final exams and their difficulty etc.
    Last edited by BenHowe; 30 Nov 2017 at 7:46 PM.
    2nd Year Actuarial Studies/Applied Finance

  3. #3
    Cadet tazhossain99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: ATAR Estimate Please...

    Around 93, taking into account the ease of prelim compared to hsc. You want to try being 1st in all your subjects (since your school rank is kind of low) and also want to do reasonably well in externals for your goal of 95 to be attained. With enough hard work, perseverance and intelligence you'll surely end up as dux
    Last edited by tazhossain99; 30 Nov 2017 at 8:56 PM.
    ATAR Goal: 95ish
    ATAR Achieved: 97.65
    Desired Course: Engineering (Hons)/Master of Engineering in Electrical Engineering

    2017 HSC ~ Penrith High School
    English (Adv.) [83] ~ Mathematics Ext. 1 [99] ~ Mathematics Ext. 2 [92] ~ Physics [90] ~ Biology [93]


    2018-2023 ~ UNSW
    Engineering (Hons)/Master of Engineering in Electrical Engineering

  4. #4
    Junior Member sabbabbby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    SYD
    Posts
    147
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: ATAR Estimate Please...

    let's have some band 6 stats per sub last year. I believe it would be over 95 if those ranks continued to end of year 12..
    Neuroscience sorta fella (Neurophysiology)

    2017’ HSC alumni

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: ATAR Estimate Please...

    Quote Originally Posted by tazhossain99 View Post
    Around 93, taking into account the ease of prelim compared to hsc. You want to try being 1st in all your subjects (since your school rank is kind of low) and also want to do reasonably well in externals for your goal of 95 to be attained. With enough hard work, perseverance and intelligence you'll surely end up as dux
    Thank you! That's encouraging haha.
    Would I absolutely need to be 1st in English?
    It is by far my weakest subject...

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: ATAR Estimate Please...

    Quote Originally Posted by sabbabbby View Post
    let's have some band 6 stats per sub last year. I believe it would be over 95 if those ranks continued to end of year 12..
    Last years cohort weren't particularly strong at our school (hence the lower than average rank), so there were no band 6's or E4's in any of my subjects last year...

    Once this year cohort's results are released, I feel as if they will be more indicative of ours.

    Also, I am the first person to ever take 4U at my school, and am the only one in my class, is this a good or bad thing in terms of my ATAR?

    Thanks.
    Last edited by JaxsenW; 1 Dec 2017 at 6:21 AM.
    sabbabbby likes this.

  7. #7
    Junior Member sabbabbby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    SYD
    Posts
    147
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: ATAR Estimate Please...

    Quote Originally Posted by JaxsenW View Post
    Last years cohort weren't particularly strong at our school (hence the lower than average rank), so there were no band 6's or E4's in any of my subjects last year...

    Once this year cohort's results are released, I feel as if they will be more indicative of ours.

    Also, I am the first person to ever take 4U at my school, and am the only one in my class, is this a good or bad thing in terms of my ATAR?

    Thanks.
    That’s okay. In that case, keep up those ranks and your atar will be determined purely by how you go in externals (hsc exams) (as BenHowe mentioned) whilst not being affected by others. Do well and easily get 95+, or not so well and get <90.
    Last edited by sabbabbby; 1 Dec 2017 at 11:46 PM.
    Neuroscience sorta fella (Neurophysiology)

    2017’ HSC alumni

  8. #8
    Cadet tazhossain99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: ATAR Estimate Please...

    Quote Originally Posted by JaxsenW View Post
    Would I absolutely need to be 1st in English?
    It is by far my weakest subject...
    2nd should be good enough. Just improve in english overall
    ATAR Goal: 95ish
    ATAR Achieved: 97.65
    Desired Course: Engineering (Hons)/Master of Engineering in Electrical Engineering

    2017 HSC ~ Penrith High School
    English (Adv.) [83] ~ Mathematics Ext. 1 [99] ~ Mathematics Ext. 2 [92] ~ Physics [90] ~ Biology [93]


    2018-2023 ~ UNSW
    Engineering (Hons)/Master of Engineering in Electrical Engineering

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: ATAR Estimate Please...

    Thanks everyone, I know what I need to do now and am certainly more optimistic to achieve my goal now!

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    tazhossain99 likes this.

  10. #10
    Cadet tazhossain99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: ATAR Estimate Please...

    Quote Originally Posted by JaxsenW View Post
    Thanks everyone, I know what I need to do now and am certainly more optimistic to achieve my goal now!
    All the best!
    ATAR Goal: 95ish
    ATAR Achieved: 97.65
    Desired Course: Engineering (Hons)/Master of Engineering in Electrical Engineering

    2017 HSC ~ Penrith High School
    English (Adv.) [83] ~ Mathematics Ext. 1 [99] ~ Mathematics Ext. 2 [92] ~ Physics [90] ~ Biology [93]


    2018-2023 ~ UNSW
    Engineering (Hons)/Master of Engineering in Electrical Engineering

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •