Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By adelaidecruz

Thread: Anatomy & histology vs physiology

  1. #1
    New Member adelaidecruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    2

    Lightbulb Anatomy & histology vs physiology

    Hey guys, incoming first year here. I'm doing a BSci/MNursing but I'm stuck between choosing anat or physio as my major. I wanna do postgrad med in the future so if anyone has an insight / opinion on which one is better and helpful for that, please tell me! Just need to know the pros and cons of both majors..

    Oh and if you're majoring in Anat.. Can it be boring sometimes? Since you're so focused on just structures, as opposed to the wider scope of learning in physio.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Penrith Represent.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Anatomy & histology vs physiology

    Quote Originally Posted by adelaidecruz View Post
    Hey guys, incoming first year here. I'm doing a BSci/MNursing but I'm stuck between choosing anat or physio as my major. I wanna do postgrad med in the future so if anyone has an insight / opinion on which one is better and helpful for that, please tell me! Just need to know the pros and cons of both majors..

    Oh and if you're majoring in Anat.. Can it be boring sometimes? Since you're so focused on just structures, as opposed to the wider scope of learning in physio.

    Thanks!
    Hey so I've found in med that knowing your anatomy will help you breeze through it through first year but if you have a prior degree it won't be too hard to learn again. That's why I'd personally suggest to do physiology just cause med extends what you've learnt in physiology and it'll be easier for you to do well in med if you already know your physio

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    HSC 2015:
    Accelerated: Maths Ext 1

    Prelim 2015:
    • Maths Ext 2
    • Advanced English
    • Economics
    • Physics
    • Chemistry


    ATAR goal: 99+

    if i post anything useful, hit the 'star' button on the bottom left corner of the box. thanks a bunch.

  3. #3
    New Member adelaidecruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Anatomy & histology vs physiology

    Quote Originally Posted by Ployixi View Post
    Hey so I've found in med that knowing your anatomy will help you breeze through it through first year but if you have a prior degree it won't be too hard to learn again. That's why I'd personally suggest to do physiology just cause med extends what you've learnt in physiology and it'll be easier for you to do well in med if you already know your physio

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Thank you for your input! A lot of people have been saying that to me and I'm leaning towards physio now.
    Do you study Science at uni too by any chance?

  4. #4
    Penrith Represent.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Anatomy & histology vs physiology

    Quote Originally Posted by adelaidecruz View Post
    Thank you for your input! A lot of people have been saying that to me and I'm leaning towards physio now.
    Do you study Science at uni too by any chance?
    I'm doing medicine

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    HSC 2015:
    Accelerated: Maths Ext 1

    Prelim 2015:
    • Maths Ext 2
    • Advanced English
    • Economics
    • Physics
    • Chemistry


    ATAR goal: 99+

    if i post anything useful, hit the 'star' button on the bottom left corner of the box. thanks a bunch.

  5. #5
    New Member adelaidecruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Anatomy & histology vs physiology

    Quote Originally Posted by Ployixi View Post
    I'm doing medicine

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Ohhh thats even better! Then I'm definitely choosing physio haha. Did you get into med through undergrad?

  6. #6
    Penrith Represent.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Anatomy & histology vs physiology

    Quote Originally Posted by adelaidecruz View Post
    Ohhh thats even better! Then I'm definitely choosing physio haha. Did you get into med through undergrad?
    Yes I got in through undergrad

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    HSC 2015:
    Accelerated: Maths Ext 1

    Prelim 2015:
    • Maths Ext 2
    • Advanced English
    • Economics
    • Physics
    • Chemistry


    ATAR goal: 99+

    if i post anything useful, hit the 'star' button on the bottom left corner of the box. thanks a bunch.

  7. #7
    New Member adelaidecruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Anatomy & histology vs physiology

    What a legend! Thanks again for the help
    Ployixi likes this.
    HSC 2017:
    English Standard (94 - 11th in state) | Biology (92) | Chemistry (82) | French Beginners (91) | Mathematics (83)
    ATAR 93.35

    2018-2022: B Science / M Nursing @ USyd

  8. #8
    I complete the Squar3 Queenroot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    My bathtub
    Posts
    7,488
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Anatomy & histology vs physiology

    well first year you will have a taste of each anyway which will help you decide
    Anatomy is easier (as least for me) and I majored in it and it allowed me to maintain a good GPA.
    Physio is harder but more interesting I guess, and it would be useful for med.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •