Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Frostguard
  • 1 Post By phat_tar
  • 1 Post By Queenroot

Thread: Should i drop Studies of Religion 2 unit or Hospitality?

HSC

Question Should i drop Studies of Religion 2 unit or Hospitality?

Hello Everyone!!,
    I'm new to this whole website

My subjects are: standard english, design and tech, general maths, business studies,hosp and studies of religion 2 unit.
    (currently in year 11)

I'm pretty good at both subjects and like them both equally, maybe hosp abit more.. But which do you personally think and is better to drop for year 12, so i can get better marks relating to scaling and which one has more time for my other subjects so that i can study.

Thanks so much!

HSC

Re: Should i drop Studies of Religion 2 unit or Hospitality?

Personally I'd keep the subject I'd like more and even though you like Hospitality a little more, maybe it's that tiny that'll help you decide if you should keep it or not. Both subjects are pretty different to each other, SOR is mainly just memorisation and rote-learning based and mainly just theory whereas Hospitality is not just memorisation-based but with a bit of practicality on the side, which in my opinion, is a wayyyy more fun than SOR because cooking is so fun!!!!!!!! Remember, scaling doesn't mean jack if you don't do well in it, so choose subjects that you actually enjoy and have interest in, not because of scaling. Hospitality would also provide you with work experience and better chances to work in that sector as a waitress or chef, etc. it's just my opinion but I'd drop SOR because it's just memory based and not as engaging as Hospo imo lol
    izzo likes this.
    I spend too much time on this website

HSC 2018!!

English Advanced Genny Maths Biology Legal Studies Modern History Economics History Extension

Cadet
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Frostguard View Post
    Both subjects are pretty different to each other, SOR is mainly just memorisation and rote-learning based and mainly just theory whereas Hospitality is not just memorisation-based but with a bit of practicality on the side, which in my opinion, is a wayyyy more fun than SOR because cooking is so fun!!!!!!!!\
    Whichever one you like more. SOR actually isn't actually a large amount of memorisation, despite what some people seem to suggest, and required the least amount of memorisation out of all my subjects, except for maybe modern. If you can understand the concepts and are relatively strong at writing it is quite easy marks for little work. At the same time you may enjoy hospitality more so I would encourage you to pick which one you enjoy more and more than likely the marks will come.
    izzo likes this.
    HSC 2017 - 99.85 Business Studies (97) Modern History (96) SORII (96) English Advanced (95) Economics (94) Mathematics Extension I (47) Mathematics (94)

HSC

Thanks so much :-)

HSC

Thanks alot!! :-)

I complete the Squar3 Queenroot's Avatar
    HSC
    N/A

Hnestly would keep hospitality so you can easily get a part time job during uni

HSC

Oh yeah! Didn't think of that.. thanks!! :-)

Thread Information