Thread: Do I leave centre-based tutoring for private?

HSC

Do I leave centre-based tutoring for private?

Hey guys!
    I'm not sure if I should leave my current tutoring centre for private tutoring (this is for HSC 2U maths). My teacher at my tutoring centre is pretty good at teaching and is really friendly and stuff. We get a heap of homework which I usually don't finish, but I do find it useful. I have an issue with the lesson plans not lining up with what we're learning at school. For example, we have covered series and sequences at the tutoring centre, but we are doing trig functions at school currently (I am struggling with this topic, but I can't really go through it with him because we're doing a completely different topic). Another issue is that I find that I'm losing concentration because the lesson goes for 3 hours. The tutoring centre itself is also quit far away from my home and I'm wasting a lot of time on public transport.

Would it be better if I find myself a private tutor instead? Obviously this would save me heaps of travel time and probably money as well. My main concern is that I wouldn't be getting adequate amounts of practice questions to do.

Please help me out! Let me know if you prefer centre-based tutoring or private for HSC 2U maths

HSC

Re: Do I leave centre-based tutoring for private?

I do both private tutoring and class, in which i find it benefits me more. I did private 1st as I was really weak in 2u Maths, I only achieved 63% in my yearlies in Prelim HSC. I find that private tutors can cater to what you're doing at school while class gives lots of practice (which i need more) and also revision if you are far ahead with your private tutor. In order to save time on public transport, you cna do your homework on the train or look at your notes for maths or other subjects.

If you fell you are really weak in 2u Maths like me, maybe go with private tutoring but ask your tutor to give lots of question to practice?
    Hope this was useful and gl for half yearlies soon?
    "Nothing can stay unchanged. Fun things… Happy things… They can’t possibly remain the same."

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Volvo View Post
    I do both private tutoring and class, in which i find it benefits me more. I did private 1st as I was really weak in 2u Maths, I only achieved 63% in my yearlies in Prelim HSC. I find that private tutors can cater to what you're doing at school while class gives lots of practice (which i need more) and also revision if you are far ahead with your private tutor. In order to save time on public transport, you cna do your homework on the train or look at your notes for maths or other subjects.

If you fell you are really weak in 2u Maths like me, maybe go with private tutoring but ask your tutor to give lots of question to practice?
    Hope this was useful and gl for half yearlies soon?
    Thanks for your advice. I'm finding a private tutor at the moment, hopefully this helps me better

Cadet
    HSC

Check out Evolutionary Tutors. They offer a much more personalised one-to-one service which I think you will find more beneficial. Group tutoring can be good for some people, but private tutoring is more effective in filling your knowledge gaps.

Thread Information