Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By DanielTheMan
  • 1 Post By pistachioman
  • 1 Post By Makeone

Thread: Which schools to go to?

HSC
    N/A

Which schools to go to?

Can anyone provide insights/reviews on ty their experiences at either Tara Anglican school for Girls, Loreto Normanhurst or even government school Castle Hill high school.

HSC
    N/A

Re: Which schools to go to?

I heard Castle Hill is good, not sure about the rest. I come from a pretty alright school i guess , but it ends up in the 400s rank because all the Gifted and Talented students and Selective students leave so around 50-60 people leave and go to better school so around 40-60% of the cohort leaves and nobody is willing to stay to lift up the school's HSC marks and it leaves the school with only junkies/dropkicks resulting to a crappy ranking.
    Last edited by Audous; 9 Mar 2018 at 11:01 PM.

HSC

go to hornsby

HSC

I highly recommend going to a private school if you have the money to afford it.
    supR likes this.

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

try for Cherrybrook tech, one of the best public schools in NSW.
    supR likes this.

HSC

Castle Hill High School is a wonderful school ONLY if you're in the gifted and talented class (g&t). However, if you're in mainstream you still have the chance to succeed as much as anyone in g&t, if you put in the effort. You get a lot less homework in g&t but they give you harder assessments and mark you harsher simply because you're in g&t, which is fair, I guess.

The environment in CHHS is supportive, caring and close, but the environment gets academically competitive from the end of year 10. All students are encouraged to join clubs and balance their study lives, which is really nice too. Also, most teachers are excellent and friendly but some of them are trash (honestly, most schools are like this, though).

If you got an offer from Hornsby, accept it and go. Loreto is a good school (heard from friends) and Tara is mediocre. (These views are subjective and do not reflect my own. These definitions are quite broad but they answer your question lmao.) Just please don't go to Model Farms HS HAHAHA.
    supR likes this.
    HSC: 2020
    Adv. English | MX1 | Engineering | Legal | Phys | Chem

Thread Information