Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pikachu975

Thread: HSC Half Yearlies

HSC

HSC Half Yearlies

Hey guys, many of you guys would have half yearlies really soon. My ones are in a week. I'd just like to see what you guys have been doing for preparation.

My prep:
    Maths Advanced: Been doing past papers & going over my mistakes. (Still have trouble with problem solving q and still careless )
    Eng Adv: Got my ideas, quotes and techniques. Need to write an essay and get it done and get it marked by by eng teacher
    Chem: Revising over notes (on train) & doing some past papers
    Bio: Revising notes & doing past papers
    Physics: Least prep as its in 2 weeks but revise over content and some past papers
    "Nothing can stay unchanged. Fun things… Happy things… They can’t possibly remain the same."

HSC

Re: HSC Half Yearlies

omg Volvo go to sleep
    my prep would probably be:
    English: relearn Discovery again, connecting my related with the prescribed, quotes, techniques, etc
    Maths: lmao catch up on homework LOLLLL then do the past papers given to me
    Biology: ???? Study with friends notes or something and past papers
    Legal Studies: Find LCMS which take 1000000 years to do and do some past papers or essay responses
    Modern History: finish notes then hand in responses and get them back (i gave 4 in 3 weeks ago and my teacher hasnt even marked it omg)
    Economics: Finish notes and do past papers and study with friends coz his subject is the ultimate stresser
    History Extension: get my life back on track and understand all the schools of histories and do past papers/ finish notes and historians (so many fathers of history LMAO JK)
    I spend too much time on this website

HSC 2018!!

English Advanced Genny Maths Biology Legal Studies Modern History Economics History Extension

HSC

English Advanced: I must've written like 20 drafts of the same essay. My teacher was very, very good at giving feedback. We got our pre-circulated questions last week. I need to now adapt my essay + memorise it, then think of a way to adapt my creative + memorise it, and then have a quick skim over the short answers. Don't know if I'll memorise for short answers or just wing it on the day.
    English Extension 1: Know I can do well at this one. Worth 30%, so let's do this! Wrote a creative, teacher was impressed, but going to edit it a bit then memorise it. STILL need to do the essay, though (*sweat beads pour from forehead*)
    English Extension 2: This is my favourite subject, hate how I've been neglecting it, but there's no midcourse
    Ancient History: Notes, past papers
    Modern History: Notes, past papers
    Legal Studies: Notes, past papers

HSC

When I did my half yearlies last year we were stacked with homework AND our half yearlies were full 100 mark exams so here's what helped with cramming that worked:

For biology and physics I printed the syllabus out for both and highlighted dot points I 100% know and can answer right now, then went through non-highlighted ones and crossed them off as I went, which helped me efficiently study all of the dot points. AFTER reading the dot point just recite in your head or out loud, just the key points and if you remember then move on. For dot points that were purely memorising I left it till the morning of the exam so I could keep those in my head.

For maths basically tried to understand all the content and did a few past papers here but understanding it was my main goal so it was easier to apply to questions.

English memorised my essay and creative but after doing bad in this I stopped memorising. English just depends on what has worked for you in the past.
    supR likes this.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uni Course: Actuarial Studies and Statistics at MQ -- PM me if you have questions

2017 HSC Subjects: Eng Adv / 3u+4u Maths / Bio /Phys
    ATAR: 99.75

HSC

Yeah looks like you are doing pretty well

Just stick on your course of past papers and learning you notes --> Remember that understanding is more crucial than memorising
    Pikachu has some great advice on the dotpoints as well
    HSC 2018

ATAR - 98.50

Cadet
    HSC

well, for half-yearlies i have 3 in-class essays, 1 in-class test, and 3 hand in assignments.

English adv: Richard III essay, currently writing an essay draft, and then I will make some sort of alarm table with quotes and analysis to memorise and write an essay from scratch on the day. I'll do maybe 2 or 3 timed practice essays with the memorised material.
    Eng ext 1: Hand-in essay, just working away bit by bit up until due date. Because its hand in i cant hand in a draft beforehand.
    Eng ext 2: Progress report, will probably do it a few days before due date.
    Modern History: currently memorising notes for an essay, and doing practice paragraphs.
    Geography: fieldwork research assignment which i will start tomorrow (due wk11)
    VA: revising through class notes and doing further research into artworks i choose to write an essay on.
    French: doing past papers, practicing speaking either on my own or with someone else, and reading lots of french news articles until the test.
    Last edited by notthedevil; 11 Mar 2018 at 7:51 PM.
    4U English | Modern History | Geography | Visual Arts | French Continuers
    99.50 pls

Actual ATAR: 96.50

Thread Information