Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sjcaldwell

Thread: Half Yearlys

HSC

Half Yearlys

Ok seriously, how much is the Half Yearlys actually worth???? Im stressing so hard!!!

I can't get my English stuff sorted!!! Plus I'm missing all the exams due to being away at the Commonwealth Games. Lord help me!!!!!!!!
    torismith2000 likes this.

Cadet
    HSC

Re: Half Yearlys

Depends on your school. Every school has different weightings for exams. But generally for all schools at this time, I think it should be usually 25%.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by cherryboi View Post
    Depends on your school. Every school has different weightings for exams. But generally for all schools at this time, I think it should be usually 25%.
    So do I start freaking out yet??

HSC

Our ones were around 10-15% each but your school should've told you this
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uni Course: Actuarial Studies and Statistics at MQ -- PM me if you have questions

2017 HSC Subjects: Eng Adv / 3u+4u Maths / Bio /Phys
    ATAR: 99.75

Cadet
    HSC

If i was in your position I would be, Its HSC you shouldn't be missing out on exams specifically if your going to watch commonwealth games ( or are u a competitor though?). 25% is a lot. 12.5% of your HSC, every exam you miss means that you will probs get zero in it and others will get ahead of you. Im sorry but there is no easy way to put this.

edited: if you are a competitor then u should definite ask the school, pretty sure they must be flexible with these sorts of things even if it is HSC just like Lilabear has said.
    Last edited by cherryboi; 15 Mar 2018 at 5:43 PM.

Cadet
    HSC

Don't freak out, did you discuss this with your school? From what i've interpreted it seems like you're a competitor. I know my school is very flexible with rearranging exams when you have important obligations e.g. high level sports.

HSC

Hey guys
    So I have my half yearlys in 2 weeks tho most of my exams are not assessed and weighed to the hsc, as I have done mostly assignments for half of my subjects. The exams that are assessed for me are bio, 3u math and 4u math.
    Is it pointless to study for the others or should I try to give it a go?

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by I-love-books View Post
    Hey guys
    So I have my half yearlys in 2 weeks tho most of my exams are not assessed and weighed to the hsc, as I have done mostly assignments for half of my subjects. The exams that are assessed for me are bio, 3u math and 4u math.
    Is it pointless to study for the others or should I try to give it a go?
    Focus all your time on 3u 4u and bio

Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

Uni Course: Actuarial Studies and Statistics at MQ -- PM me if you have questions

2017 HSC Subjects: Eng Adv / 3u+4u Maths / Bio /Phys
    ATAR: 99.75

HSC

Don't Freak out honestly it makes your stress levels worst and you'll actually get sick. this is why you study throughout the year. it makes life a lot easier when you revise for at least an hour everynight on the subjects you did that day. Honestly it a life saver.

HSC

im stressing to girl! ive asked some teachers if Half yearlys matter some say yes some say not at all, im pretty sure its worth a percentage of your hsc mark id say like 30% of the 100% but remember your assignments make up like 50% of your hsc so try hard in your assignments and just try your best with your half yearlys. a trick my earth teacher told me is try going to the local library and study ive done it twice and it works wonders, just study when your focused because if your not focused your not going to study guaranteed. GOODLUCKKK

Thread Information