• 3 Post By HoldingOn
  • 4 Post By sida1049
  • 1 Post By maths314
  • 1 Post By strawberrye
  • 1 Post By pikachu975

Thread: Lost motivation to study.

HSC

Post Lost motivation to study.

I dont know but I have lost motivation to study , I haven't been as productive as I should be in completing work these holidays. My half-yearly's finished in the last day of the term so i rested for a few days. And now its like the half way of HSC pretty much and its just hard doing the same process everyday once school starts again for term 2 . wake up-school-come home- study-sleep. Any advice?

HSC

Re: Lost motivation to study.

Just think to yourself this is the only year in your life when you will have to do this- so you might as well put in the effort. If that doesn't motivate you think about the potential years of grinding you might have to do if you don't get into the course you want- might as well put the effort in now for just a bit longer. It literally could save you years of your life.
    rvh, studygirl118 and supR like this.

HSC

Just like what HoldingOn said, think of the work you're putting in as investment.

And with this investment, you'll save a ton of time, money and stress in the future.

As an adult, you have to do things that you might not necessarily enjoy in the moment for the sake of the well-being of you and your (future) loved ones in the (possibly far) future. And the punchline is that no one can ultimately tell you to do it, and it's completely optional. It's time for you to take your responsibilities seriously: either put your foot down and really push through the last half-year of your HSC, or take the responsibility for your actions of not committing (which of course is fine, but you need to fully accept the responsibility and consequences yourself). This applies 100% to your future decisions and commitments as well (e.g. your family, your career, your relationships). Now is a good time to start being serious.

Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics)/Bachelor of Arts III, USYD

HSC
    Uni Grad

Perhaps try studying with friends, or at a library. Just know your study is worth it
    supR likes this.
    SELLING ESSAYS + EDITING & MARKING!

2017 HSC: // English Adv (97) // English Ext 1 (48) // English Ext 2 (47) // Modern History (94) // Phys (93)
    // 3U Maths (100) // 4U Maths (94)
    ATAR: 99.90
    10th in State 3U Maths

Click here! http://community.boredofstudies.org/...xt-1-48-a.html

HSC
    Uni Grad

I feel like you should set a goal for yourself to achieve-whether it be to get into a particular course, to get a particular ATAR or to go overseas. To be honest, although HSC is not the be all and end all, I am now 5 years out of HSC, and in my final year about to graduate, the ATAR I got in my HSC continues to be a great motivations and reminder that I can continue to succeed in any challenge that is thrown in my way because I have done it before. Obviously people can get good marks in uni and succeed in life without getting best marks in HSC, but I feel like the reason my ATAR inspires me is because I put in my 110% during HSC (sometimes I can't even say I have the same level of consistency of effort in uni), and because it reminds me of the time where I put in everything I had and had no regrets, I could draw on that experience to help me continue pushing through challenges in life. So I think the value of trying hard is that in life, not just in HSC, you need to try hard to get to where you want, you need to be ready where opportunities will come, and as much as it seem more relaxing to sit back and relax, also think about the potential opportunities you might miss or regret at the end of the year because you could have unleashed your actual potential if you tried hard enough, it is also a good practice and lesson for developing a resilient mindset and healthy attitude to life to laid the path to succeeding in your life in general.

However, I know our high school education system is not the most inspiring in the world. And if you honestly, after a hard reflection or talk with other people, you may come to realise that perhaps going through uni and etc (the most conventional path) may not be for you, maybe your passion is in graphic design/trade/etc, that's perfectly fine too. But even then, I could highly recommend you to try sticking with it just for your HSC because I think you will gain more rewards in the end (but if you definitely know you are not interested in other paths), then you could use this time to do things that inspires you (explore your hobbies, see where they may take you).
    Last edited by strawberrye; 27 Apr 2018 at 9:13 AM.
    gallen88 likes this.
    "DEFINE your own results, don't let your results DEFINE you"
    2013 All Rounders| Eng Adv(93)|2 unit maths(95)|Chem(94)|Physics(91)|
    Offering personalised tutoring: http://community.boredofstudies.org/...g-classifieds/

HSC

I agree with what everyone else has said. : ) I think it should be good to get a bit of work done in the holidays but if you haven't that's okay (well what I mean is you will need to do practice over the term and with your study periods you can utilise your time to do extra work). I think for next term, if you are fully recharged after the half yearlies and holidays, you can pick up your game throughout the term. This means that you are not tired all the time and won't come home after school going "I need a nap/I want to play video games". For next term to regain motivation, consistently study throughout the term. E.G. Do 40 minutes of English study every night. Try to use your half yearly results as a mode of motivation for you throughout the term. If you don't do too well or as well as you wanted then this can be a source of motivation for you to improve your marks. Sometimes that can be a major wake up call for some students doing the HSC and really motivate them to improve. : )

Good luck for next term,
    Gallen88

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by blah21 View Post
    I dont know but I have lost motivation to study , I haven't been as productive as I should be in completing work these holidays. My half-yearly's finished in the last day of the term so i rested for a few days. And now its like the half way of HSC pretty much and its just hard doing the same process everyday once school starts again for term 2 . wake up-school-come home- study-sleep. Any advice?
    Basically what others said about getting motivated... although it's alright to not study ultra hard rn since HSC is a marathon and you should ramp up near the end for the final exams. If you do bad in an assessment that could be motivation for you to do better e.g. I got like 78 in my 3rd 4u trial RIP and also realise that this HALF A YEAR of effort you put in now will set you up (possibly) for the future with a good job.
    gallen88 likes this.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uni Course: Actuarial Studies and Statistics at MQ -- PM me if you have questions

2017 HSC Subjects: Eng Adv / 3u+4u Maths / Bio /Phys
    ATAR: 99.75

HSC

same

HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by blah21 View Post
    I'd been there before. I'm sorry for that. I had my teacher understanding his students a lot and knowing how to motivate and inspire them when they feel bored of study.

All students are different http://www.mastercoachingaustralia.c...are-different/

Cadet
    HSC

Plugging numbers and playing around with an ATAR calculator works for me. It shows me what I need to get and forces you to estimate your own marks.
    Why am I putting in such a low number in for Maths? Maybe cos I'm weak at it - so then maybe I should work harder.

This only adds stress and pressure for certain people but for some, it acts as motivation and is a cold slap from reality.

If you have any tutoring or anything, the fees are probably being paid out of your parent's pocket so in a way, just think that doing well is a way of repaying them back for all their hard work that goes towards your education. If you're not motivated for yourself, at least be motivated for them.

HSC
    Uni Grad

same bruvva lek why tf do we have to study for I swear being a fully sic street farmasist is way better.... Or even being a suuupppperrr cute desuuuuuu kawaiiiiiiiiiiii cosplayer with all of my super onii-chan traps is better than wasting time studying X__X (òó) (òó) (òó)
    Omg hai ___^ I’m anon-san and I absolutely luuuv @__@ anime <3 and my fav is naurto!!! Okies so anyways, im going to tell you about the BEST day of my life when I met my hot husband sasuke!! <333333333 OMFGZ HE WAS SOOOOO FREAKIN KAWAII IN PERSON!!! Supa kawaii desu!!!!!!!! ^___________________________________^

I complete the Squar3 Queenroot's Avatar
    HSC
    N/A

honey i been studying after high school for 5 fucking years

u can do it

cos if u give up now ur giving up on everything

Thread Information