Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By supR
  • 1 Post By Stringy1
  • 1 Post By BLIT2014

Thread: Around 2 months left for trials, relearn content or do practice questions?

HSC

Around 2 months left for trials, relearn content or do practice questions?

Hey dudes, there is around 2 months left for HSC and i'm trying to make sure my time is spent wisely. I've pretty much covered all my content using edrolo and flashcards, and for the topics we learnt in term one of year 12 i've been writing super succient notes under each dotpoint as I found the term 1 topics were my weak points as it had been so long since i studied them. So because I feel I have put enough effort into re-learning content, is it risky to commit the rest of my studies to finishing dot point notes and just doing HSC/Trial questions for all my subjects?

HSC

Re: Around 2 months left for trials, relearn content or do practice questions?

Has your school finished the internal assessment regime already?

HSC

We only have trials left as a part of our internals.

HSC

I think it would be appropriate to starting doing practice questions on your subjects. Depending on your subjects, this will really awaken you to your weak spots as it does for me all the time, especially with Mathematics, Chem and Phys. You'll be surprised if you mark yourself critically how many marks you are missing in some short and long response questions. MC can also be tricky so it is good to practice those. There are plenty of english, science and maths papers online on THSC so you'll have plenty to go through.

Best of luck
    Stringy1 likes this.
    HSC 2018

Maths Ext 1 - Maths Ext 2 - English Adv - Physics - Chemistry

ATAR Goal - 96.00 - B Laws at UTS
    (Screw 99.00 lmao)

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by supR View Post
    I think it would be appropriate to starting doing practice questions on your subjects. Depending on your subjects, this will really awaken you to your weak spots as it does for me all the time, especially with Mathematics, Chem and Phys. You'll be surprised if you mark yourself critically how many marks you are missing in some short and long response questions. MC can also be tricky so it is good to practice those. There are plenty of english, science and maths papers online on THSC so you'll have plenty to go through.

Best of luck
    I totally agree that it helps you identify weak spots, as I have so discovered tonight after running through some HSC Bio questions. Cheers for the feedback, appreciate it!
    supR likes this.

The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

I'd probably focus on doing practice papers. Knowing how to approach a question probably has greater "payback" then merely learning the content at this stage.
    supR likes this.
    l’appel du vide

Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

Thread Information