Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By mazzitmo
  • 1 Post By si2136

Thread: Who is also feeling suicdal

Cadet
    HSC

Who is also feeling suicdal

I am completely f***ed for prelims and thus HSC and I want to f***ing kill myself already. What do i f***ing do cuz I am too scared to do suicide (Cause Physical pain - A noose is gonna hurt like f*** and so will a knife in my f***ing abdomen).

HSC

Re: Who is also feeling suicdal

Leon_V3: Are you ok? It's just so not worth it. If you've stuffed up already it's not too late to recover for HSC. Plus, you have your whole life to do whatever YOU want after that! In two years it will be a distant memory. If you need help, call someone. I used the Headspace App yesterday...that was helpful to chill and just collect my thoughts. Take it easy.
    weaknuclearforce and lucosh like this.

HSC

Suicide is never an appropriate, utilising headspace is a good idea but I also recommending watching videos that suicide survivors made. They truly are inspiring and should help you move forward. Also read about the life of kernel sanders, and learn how a man with no future became one of the most successful individuals and is now an iconic figure in modern society.

HSC
    N/A

Just as Mazzitmo said, its just not worth it. Your prelims don't count for anything, the results of prelims are useless so is most of the information you learn in it. Once HSC starts in the next term (term 4) just start working hard and you will be able to get the Atar you want according to the effort you put into your HSC year. Don't worry about the prelims, really barely any of the info is needed and the info that is needed is very limited that you can learn it before you start HSC. Also please take care of yourself, your hsc is not more important than your health. HEALTH is so important and undervalued in our lives that im in the HSC year currently and i have just realised how important it is. Take Care of yourself, Dont worry about the future. And dont care about prelim results. No one really studies for prelims anyways. Plus if your scared that because you didnt get good results in year 11 that you wont be able to get good results in year 12, get that thought out of your head. Im in year 12 currently and a lot of people who didn't do well in year 11 have suddenly came up through hard work and have beaten people who were expected to perform. So really year 11 is just a trial run. Year 12 is the real thing, so leave your regrets about the trial run behind and focus on the real thing which is year 12(which you will start next term).

Take Care.

Cadet
    HSC

The thing is, i am also somewhat unhappy with the subjects I have selected, especially SDD AND Chemistry. However entering Year 12 with just 10 units doesn't seem to be alright cause I am worried I will fuck up a fucking subject. Furthermore, if I don't get into 4U, then I will only have 7 good units, and English. Can I repeat Year 11?

Executive Member
    HSC

Hey man,

If you want it talk about it, feel free to vent out more, or message me privately. We all understand that being in a situation where you can't really control it, and then societal pressure and personal pressure and...

BUT understand with life, there are highs and lows. AND everything will pass, the good and the bad. Remmever that your health is the most important, not the fucking HSC. Fuck the others, if you want to see a counsellor go for it (they don't bite) and honestly, vent everything out. You'll feel better, and you can develop strategies that will help you cope with whatever situation you are in right now. And that'll obviously pass.

Stay strong OP
    supR likes this.

HSC

Hey Leon, fellow prelim student here. Dude, don't stress so much about Preliminaries, a lot of people I know are struggling a lot as well considering the workload is much more intense compared to previous years and this whole new syllabus thing kinda screwing us over. Yearlies are coming up for all of us and holy shit, I'm stressing out a lot as well. But you gotta realise that screwing up Year 11 is nothing, instead it helps you understand where you're going wrong so you can fix your problems for Year 12.

If you really want to repeat Year 11, you should talk to your principal or year advisor or whatever and discuss about your issue.

As everyone else said, there's gonna be highs and lows but everything's temporary. Just stay strong and try your best cause there's literally nothing to lose.

HSC

Hey man, so sorry you feel that way

Firstly its just Prelims, they don't count for anything at all.
    I myself screwed up prelims, I got 60s - 70s in most of my yearlies and averages for the year.
    Now almost a year later and I've improved immensely(85%+ for every exam), hell I've even had 1 or 2 bad results in my HSC, so don't be concerned that much with your prelims.

Your main focus now is to push your limits and work as hard as you can.
    Good Luck!
    2018 HSC!!
    English | Maths Ext 1 | Maths Ext 2 | Physics | Software Design and Development | IPT

ATAR aim: 96+ (Advanced Science(Physics Honours) and Comp Sci) @ UNSW

HSC
    Uni Grad

Sorry to hear you're feeling that way. I experienced a lot of stress during my HSC as well. Despite how awful you may be feeling right now, and even though it doesn't feel like it, it will pass.
    I encourage you to speak with a friend, family member, school counsellor about how you're feeling.
    I utilised these services throughout my HSC/university and they helped immensely:
    https://headspace.org.au/
    https://kidshelpline.com.au/
    These services specifically offer support for suicide:
    https://www.lifeline.org.au/
    https://www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au/

Stay strong!
    2018-2019: Master of Public Health at University of Wollongong
    2015-2017: Bachelor of Social Science at University of Wollongong
    HSC 2014:English Advanced, General Mathematics, Biology, Community and Family Studies, Italian Beginners, Business Services

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Leon_V3 View Post
    The thing is, i am also somewhat unhappy with the subjects I have selected, especially SDD AND Chemistry. However entering Year 12 with just 10 units doesn't seem to be alright cause I am worried I will fuck up a fucking subject. Furthermore, if I don't get into 4U, then I will only have 7 good units, and English. Can I repeat Year 11?
    Yes you can repeat year 11 however I wouldn't if I were you

Also please seek immediate psychological assistance if you are considering committing suicide. Go to your GP and request a referral for a mental health care plan to a psychologist

Also please call lifeline 13 11 14 if you are feeling distressed

HSC

An encouragement: my teacher told us of a kid who got 40s all through assessment tasks and then started trying for the HSC and ended up with 75% as their mark. There is ALWAYS room for improvement, try to use prelims as a practice for what its like doing exams
    HSC 2018

Advanced English - Extension 1 Maths - Chemistry - Earth & Environmental Science - Geography

Thread Information