Thread: north syd girls interview

c8
    HSC

north syd girls interview

hi guys

i am in year 11 and i got an email saying that they wanted me to come in for an interview at north sydney girls but i literally have no idea what they might say or ask. has anybody gone to an interview at selective schools and can shed some light on this matter? is it also true that people who got an interview are likely to make it in to the school as they only give out as many interviews as they do places?

thank you!!!

HSC
    N/A

Re: north syd girls interview

Quote Originally Posted by c8 View Post
    hi guys

i am in year 11 and i got an email saying that they wanted me to come in for an interview at north sydney girls but i literally have no idea what they might say or ask. has anybody gone to an interview at selective schools and can shed some light on this matter? is it also true that people who got an interview are likely to make it in to the school as they only give out as many interviews as they do places?

thank you!!!
    Hey! Don't know if the process is similar or the same, but I applied for NSBHS and received a phone call to go for an interview however was only just about concerns they had.

Do NSG usually have interviews before offering places?

c8
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by whoknowswho View Post
    Hey! Don't know if the process is similar or the same, but I applied for NSBHS and received a phone call to go for an interview however was only just about concerns they had.

Do NSG usually have interviews before offering places?
    im not too sure because i had a friend who also got in but she didnt have an interview. however that was for entry into year 10 not 11. were you also in year 11? i assume nsg would be similar to nsb. what sort of things do they ask/tell you?

HSC
    N/A

im not too sure because i had a friend who also got in but she didnt have an interview. however that was for entry into year 10 not 11. were you also in year 11? i assume nsg would be similar to nsb. what sort of things do they ask/tell you?
    Yes I also applied for year 11. They only called me because they were concerned with a few things otherwise, they said they would've sent an offer without an interview. It wasn't really like an interview tbh, more like a chat.

c8
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by whoknowswho View Post
    Yes I also applied for year 11. They only called me because they were concerned with a few things otherwise, they said they would've sent an offer without an interview. It wasn't really like an interview tbh, more like a chat.
    what type of concerns did they say they had???

HSC
    N/A

what type of concerns did they say they had???
    Mine was mainly with my report. They saw that the grades were excellent and all but the teachers comments had all said 'lacks focus'. They asked me to explain that and how like I would improve or whatever.

HSC

Hey great job for making it this far! As far as I'm concerned for most selective schools the interviews are usually just a formality thing and they're just seeing whether ur not actually mental or anything. You're pretty much in lmao
    Prelimss 2017

Asian 5 (Ayyyy farming school)

HSC 2018

4U maths
    3U english
    Chemistry
    Physics

Thread Information