Thread: What do I do in year 11?

HSC

What do I do in year 11?

Hi Everyone! Next year I will be starting year 11 and I would just like some advice on what I should do in year 11 to prepare myself for year 12. I really want to do well in year 11 and year 12, but I still want to have a life outside of the hsc. Anyways, all advice is appreciated!

HSC
    Uni Grad

Re: What do I do in year 11?

During holidays follow what these peeps say:
    How to best make use of Holidays before year 11?

For studying during year 11 to prepare for year 12 this advice holds:
    How to prepare for year 11

How to get ahead for year 12?

Study/Motivation Tips

I would also add that in preparing for yr 12 to make things easier use yr 11 to test and see what works and allows you to get good marks. Then use that throughout yr 12 and don't go testing in yr 12 just remain consistent. Doing 1 hour of study every day 6 days a week is better than doing 6 hrs of study once a week.
    MX1/2U - ADV. ENGLISH - BIOLOGY - CHEMISTRY - BUSINESS STUDIES 2017
    No

HSC

All you have to do is make sure you DON'T FALL BEHIND especially with maths.

source: I fell behind and now I have aids

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Maaggiecarr View Post
    Hi Everyone! Next year I will be starting year 11 and I would just like some advice on what I should do in year 11 to prepare myself for year 12. I really want to do well in year 11 and year 12, but I still want to have a life outside of the hsc. Anyways, all advice is appreciated!
    What I would suggest for 2 Unit Maths and Extension 1 (If you are doing those - if not ignore this) is that you go over all of your Year 10 5.2/5.3 content in these upcoming holidays (especially Algebra, Trigonometry and Graphs) these are massive components of Year 11 content - and the sooner you revise on these and get ridiculuosly good with them the better it'll be for you.

For your other subjects (I'm assuming you would be doing 1 or more sciences) download all of the respective syllabi from NESA's website (https://educationstandards.nsw.edu.a...syllabuses-a-z) and make notes on each respective dotpoint - this is also critical as once Year 12 rolls around you will be doing this like clockwork.

Best of Luck!
    HSC 2019:
    Business Studies l Legal Studies l Economics l MX1 l MX2 l Adv. English

ATAR GOAL: 98.50

Thread Information