This guy helped me during his HSC. Highly recommended and he is friendly and easy to approach. He's cute too.Hey there, it's Yongzhen/Kelvin. I am currently offering tutoring for year 11-12 maths. I'll briefly introduce myself:
- In 2011 I graduated from Sydney Secondary College - Blackwattle Bay Campus.
- I have achieved E4s for both Extension 1 and Extension 2 Maths, and I was first internally for Extension 1 Maths.
- I am currently doing B Commerce (Actuarial Studies)/B Arts (Chinese Studies) at UNSW as a first year student.
The Courses that I offer tutoring are below:
- Mathematics (Year 11 + 12)
- Mathematics (Extension 1) (Year 11 + 12)
- Mathematics (Extension 2) (Year 12)
I can also take on year 10 students who are willing to learn ahead.
The Rates I offer are listed below:
- 1 on 1 tutoring -> $25/hour, $45 for 2 hours
- 2 on 1 tutoring -> $20/hour per student, $35 for 2 hours per student
- First Lesson is free.
Why should you choose me?
- My rates are cheap.
- I have scored E4s for both of my Extension 1 and Extension 2 Maths courses, which indicates that I have the ability to know my material and apply it successfully.
- I organize material, pick out the better resources, compile it and teach from there.
- I teach students to understand concepts, not to rote-learn them.
- I also teach students examination technique and mark maximization.
- I have conducted tutoring through Shack Youth Services, including tutoring at a coaching college.
- I have helped kids who have struggled in Extension 2 maths and helped them do better in the HSC.
- I have helped students in my school with maths problems, especially in the lower cohort.
- For the HSC, I was the leader of a Maths Revision group in my school, providing advice, resources, past exam papers and all of the related material.
- I have helped students on the Bored of Studies forum on how to do questions.
- I have offered help and conducted help in maths during the Easter BoS MEAT.
- I never relied on tutoring for maths to succeed in both Extension 1 and 2, which shows my ability to self learn.
Not related to tutoring, but useful:
- I can also give students advice on choosing subjects, choosing university degrees and majors, as well as the subjects that you have to do (heck, at the time of UAC offers, I had 30 students come up to me about university enrollments). So not only I am a good tutor, but I have a lot of knowledge about the high school and university system and how to overcome those difficulties.
- Not only do I offer tutoring for maths, but I can help with English Advanced and Legal Studies (I don't conduct tutoring for those subjects)
- Monday Afternoons
- Thursday Afternoons
- Friday Afternoons
- Saturday (all day)
I can conduct tutoring at:
If it's anywhere else around those locations then post or message me and I will answer you back.
- Eastwood Library
- Epping Library
- Macquarie University Library
- West Ryde Library
- UNSW Library or other locations within UNSW (i.e. Australian School of Business)
If you are interested, or have any inquiries, please PM me or post here. (Y)