1984 related text (1 Viewer)

idk123233

HSC
does anyone have any good related texts for 1984, i'd prefer short stories as my teachers said not to pick more novels. I am to do a multimodal presentation for my eng at1: the question is Explore to what extent your prescribed text and student selected related text challenge assumptions about human behavior.

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
Harrison Bergeron

Any short stories by Ray Bradbury, my teacher recommended, ‘There Will Come Soft Rains’

'The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas’ by Ursula Le Guin

blackmarker14

HSC
Harrison Bergeron

Any short stories by Ray Bradbury, my teacher recommended, ‘There Will Come Soft Rains’

'The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas’ by Ursula Le Guin
I have picked 'The ones who walk away from omelas' as my related text for the crucible. I am struggling to find recources on it and wondered if you know of any good ones?

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
I have picked 'The ones who walk away from omelas' as my related text for the crucible. I am struggling to find recources on it and wondered if you know of any good ones?
To clarify, do you need resources for 'The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas'? Or references to other possible related texts?

blackmarker14

HSC
To clarify, do you need resources for 'The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas'? Or references to other possible related texts?
Resources for 'the ones who walk away from omelas' since they are difficult to find.

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
Resources for 'the ones who walk away from omelas' since they are difficult to find.
I'm not familiar with the texts, "The Crucible" or "The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas" so I didn't have much to go off on in terms of trying to find resources. I did source the following links so hopefully they provide some guidance and help in some way!

Since it's a related text, I'm assuming you need to find similarities and/or differences between the two texts. As long as you have read your prescribed text, "The Crucible", you should be able to review the links for some ideas and grasp the general literary links between the two. I believe it is better that you approach broad resources such as the ones provided above, to form your own perspectives and ideas, rather than use notes from someone else who may have done the same text. In this way, you will develop stronger critical, analytical and creative thinking which will significantly help you in later modules :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)