4 unit content for uni (1 Viewer)

qldbulls

HSC
As someone who only did extension 1 would it be worth it to look over some 4 unit concepts in preparation for uni maths?
Specifically im going into engineering and was thinking of covering (very basically) the mechanics and 3D vectors part of the syllabus and maybe matrices from victoria or queensland.
Just a bit concerned cause I've heard doing highschool out of highschool is a complete waste of time

Luukas.2

HSC
Complex numbers, 3D vectors, and further methods of integration will all be relevant for Uni maths and engineering, as will some of mechanics (though more via physics and applications).

They will also all be covered at Uni and won't be assumed knowledge, so looking at them in advance may be helpful, but it is not necessary.

qldbulls

HSC
Complex numbers, 3D vectors, and further methods of integration will all be relevant for Uni maths and engineering, as will some of mechanics (though more via physics and applications).

They will also all be covered at Uni and won't be assumed knowledge, so looking at them in advance may be helpful, but it is not necessary.
Thanks mate that's good to know.

cossine

HSC
As someone who only did extension 1 would it be worth it to look over some 4 unit concepts in preparation for uni maths?
Specifically im going into engineering and was thinking of covering (very basically) the mechanics and 3D vectors part of the syllabus and maybe matrices from victoria or queensland.
Just a bit concerned cause I've heard doing highschool out of highschool is a complete waste of time
The exact content you will deal with will depend on the syllabus sometimes referred to as subject outline, or unit guide.

Going through these you will find the recommended textbook or resources.

You should be able to find the worked solutions for most textbooks on Quizlet. I recommend using Firefox Relay to avoid subscribing. There many in-depth videos on YouTube as well as help available for questions on Math Stack Exchange

I encourage you experiment with resources you use. Try learning a new subject, consider taking an online course in place of textbook (e.g. udemy, coursera, edx etc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)