Accelerated math program (1 Viewer)

Afp

HSC
As a Year 9 student this year, I am planning to pursue 3 Unit maths in Year 12. My school has offered me an accelerated program to undertake Year 10 math this year. Should I accept the offer?

This means I will be sitting the Advanced math HSC exam in Year 11, completing 2 units ahead of schedule, and in my Year 12 HSC year, I will only need to focus on Extension 1 math. Is this advantageous or disadvantageous?

If I don't perform well in the Year 11 Advanced math HSC exam, will I have the opportunity to retake Advanced math in Year 12? How does that work?
Please share your thoughts . Thankyou

HSC
It is advantageous
If you think you're able to cope with the workload or comfortable with maths, I recommend accepting the offer as it gives you 2 chances to sit the hsc or extra breathing room for your other subjects if you're satisfied with your results

Afp

HSC
It is advantageous
If you think you're able to cope with the workload or comfortable with maths, I recommend accepting the offer as it gives you 2 chances to sit the hsc or extra breathing room for your other subjects if you're satisfied with your results
Thank you for response.
So does that mean if my HSC Advanced math exam, sat in Year 11, is not as expected, I can redo it in Year 12? As long as I can redo it, I think it’s an advantage. But the school hasn’t confirmed with me if I can redo it or not. Does anyone have a solid 'yes' that I can resit the exam in Year 12.

liamkk112

HSC
Thank you for response.
So does that mean if my HSC Advanced math exam, sat in Year 11, is not as expected, I can redo it in Year 12? As long as I can redo it, I think it’s an advantage. But the school hasn’t confirmed with me if I can redo it or not. Does anyone have a solid 'yes' that I can resit the exam in Year 12.
well technically ur school can't stop u... in nesa's words:
"An accelerating student may be permitted to repeat a course in which they have been accelerated, although this would not be the expectation." and "A candidate may repeat one or more HSC courses but must do so within the five-year accumulation period."
additionally:
"For students repeating a course within the five-year accumulation period, the latest attempt will void the previous results in that course in regard to Higher School Certificate eligibility" so make sure that if u did, u can be sure that u will achieve a higher mark than when u accelerated. just something to keep in mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)