another atar estimate !! (1 Viewer)

raspberriesandpears

HSC
i might regret this but i'm curious so if anyone has ideas - my school is ranked around the 30s or 40s; we're a strong cohort apparently (esp in english). i felt like all the hsc exams went okay (except for maths and maybe english advanced but the latter could go either way)

maths adv (accelerated): 91; i performed much better in the hsc exam than internally (idk if this will be a trend)
english adv: 32/103, 25 b6s
english ext 1: 10/30, 9 b6s (although we have been told specifically that our cohort is especially strong)
english ext 2: 2/13, 2 b6s (cohort nearly thrice the size of 2022 though)
modern history: 2/16, 5 b6s
history ext: 1/9, 5 b6s
legal studies: 7/24, 16 b6s
maths ext 1: 23/39, 8 b6s (we don't talk about it!!)

also apparently like 30% of our cohort gets >95, so take that as you will. thank you in advance!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given this information, your performance seems consistent with an ATAR of at least 94 and up to 97.

Your History Extension and Legal Studies appear to be your best-performing subjects, meaning that they are likely to make a very positive contribution to your ATAR.

Much of the same can be suggested about your position in Mathematics Advanced (congratulations on your outstanding result! 🥳), English Extension 1, English Extension 2 and Modern History. This means that these subjects are also likely to make a positive (although perhaps slightly inferior when compared to History Extension and Legal Studies) contribution to your ATAR.

Your performance in English Advanced also seems favourable. However, the contribution that this subject can make to your ATAR may not be as significant as your other, better-performing subjects.

As you have humorously indicated, Mathematics Extension 1 is your lowest-performing subject, although this is not important because it would simply not count towards your ATAR if it ends up being your lowest-performing subject overall.

Beyond this point, your performance in your HSC exams (and equivalent) will determine whether your actual ATAR ends up being within this estimate, or whether you end up exceeding it, since they contribute the remaining 50% of your HSC marks. Additionally, the fact that you placed first in History Extension (congratulations!) could lead to the moderation process working in your favour if you also achieve the highest HSC exam mark in your cohort.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)