Any Biology study tips? (1 Viewer)

jccc

HSC
I have my half yearlies this term and not sure if I am actually studying efficiently for Bio. I had one teacher (he was alright) last year but he got swapped to different classes this year. Just my luck, I got a new one that does nothing meanwhile the other class has an amazing teacher. I'm trying to do practice papers but I can't tell how my progress is going. I'm tied for 1st so I want this to be my chance to maintain that rank. How can I ace the exam? 😭 😭

Last edited:

WeiWeiMan

HSC
I have my half yearlies this term and not sure if I am actually studying efficiently for Bio. I had one teacher (she was alright) last year but she got swapped to different classes this year. Just my luck, I got a new one that does nothing meanwhile the other class has an amazing teacher. I'm trying to do practice papers but I can't tell how my progress is going. I'm tied for 1st so I want this to be my chance to maintain that rank. How can I ace the exam? 😭 😭
channel your profile picture

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
have a thorough and progressive set of base notes addressing syllabus points, make flashcards, mindmaps, summaries etc. using your notes for consolidation, used spaced repetition to ensure you retain things. apply what you know in past paper questions and get feedback from your teacher on your responses to improve

natsnapshoot

HSC
many parts of the biology syllabus are inherently linked. make sure to practice the cross-modular questions (typically long response but not always) so you are revising multiple things at the same time :) otherwise make sure to be proactive in making and finishing your notes, never leaving things to the last minute and including regular revision of key concepts. of course, make sure to be doing past papers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)