Bachelor of Accounting (Co-operative Scholarship) (1 Viewer)

UTSBAcc

HSC
Hey everyone,

I hope you're all coping well with the HSC!

If you are looking for a business degree that is highly respected and offers invaluable industry opportunities, look no further than the Bachelor of Accounting (Co-operative Scholarship) program (BAcc) at UTS. As a current BAcc student, I'm here to answer your questions regarding the course and to provide you with any information you might need.

What is BAcc?:

BAcc is Australia's premier business degree and balances learning opportunities inside and beyond the classroom to ensure that you are job-ready once you graduate. Another incredible benefit of the program is the lifelong friends you will make as you navigate uni life with a small cohort of likeminded individuals.

Here are some key details about BAcc:
  1. Each student receives a tax-free scholarship worth up to $54,000
  2. Each student is guaranteed 2 x 6 month internships at some of Australia's largest companies (including CBA, PwC, Macquarie Group, Coca-Cola Europacific Partners, Westpac, Allianz and many more!)
  3. 3 year degree
  4. Currently offering 37 places as of the 2023 intake
  5. The program facilitates a plethora of guest lectures and networking opportunities with industry professionals and leaders
  6. Students are fast-tracked to employment through an internal graduate recruitment process commencing during the third year of the course
  7. Historic graduate employment rate of 95%
Another great thing about BAcc is that you can tailor the course to your interests. The course is essentially a Bachelor of Business with a mandatory Accounting major, meaning that you can explore your other interests by selecting a second major, 2 sub-majors or even a sub-major with electives!

Why accounting?:

Many current business leaders have accounting backgrounds. This is because the role of accountants has changed dramatically. Accounts are being called to inform overall business decisions by critically analysing successes and failures through applying their expertise.

This is because accounting is the language of business and provides you with the tools to understand a business from top to bottom. Accounting is an essential skill that offers great career progression, long-term job prospects, job security and incredible leverage to enter other areas of commerce and business.

Where do I apply?:

Round 1 applications close at 11:59pm on Friday May 19th 2023, but if you miss out, fear not! Round 2 applications open shortly afterwards and close at 11:59pm on Friday October 13th.

Attached below is a resource for you to peruse to see if BAcc is right for you.

I'm happy to answer any questions you have so fire away!

Attachments

indeed

HSC
Thanks for the info! Does UTS offer scholarships for other facets of study (possibly relating to economics or science degrees)?

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)