CAD help (1 Viewer)

hotfiree

HSC
N/A
I was wondering if you guys have any tips because i cant find anywhere what gets good and bad CAD drawings for wood projects.
Thanks

klitzy

HSC
Dont you people have teachers? I know someone of them come across as useless and unhelpful (Some are but most aren't), but surely they can answer most of the questions put up here. Ask your teacher to mark yours and make notes, fix it up and show him again?

micuzzo

HSC
I need examples of what gets a good and a bad mark for cad drawings
Ok i dont do wood... but i would say that a CAD drawing that would get a good mark would be something that is presented well, is clear and makes sense... saying that i guess this means one drawn to standards and that uses AS1100 for presentation... However this is only HSC so i guess it should just be as close as u can get it to the various standards (including AS1100) and doesnt need to be 100% perfect. - I dont think marks can be removed for bad drawings, rather not awarded (or anything else for that matter)

Are these drawings for your sketches?

Last edited:

hotfire

HSC
No its for my final design sketch.
Also is it good to do a top,side,front view or some other kind
Should you use the diagonal length tool on everything or just the major parts, like if i have 10 doors should i put one on each door to show there all equal or just one?

klitzy

HSC
Pretty hard when your on holidays
What about the questions that get asked during the other 11 weeks of the term? It isn't hard to ask your teacher then.

And yes, have top, side and front elevations in your orthogonal projection and have a pictorial projection too. Include your hidden detail lines, specifications, sections/details, all that shit on everything.

Last edited:

micuzzo

HSC
Also is it good to do a top,side,front view or some other kind
do you mean an orthographic drawing... yer its probably a good idea.
check out the IT graphics BIKI

Should you use the diagonal length tool on everything or just the major parts, like if i have 10 doors should i put one on each door to show there all equal or just one?
i dont really know what your talking about but:

im quite sure (not % though coz i cant remember) but when puttin measurements, you should not put down measurements that can be determined from other measurements... ie say if u had a 20 cm line and another line crossed it 6cm from the top, u would only need to put the measurements of the 20cm line and then the 6cm line... u woulnd need to show the measurement of the other part of the line because the viewer can easily determine that its 14cm...

good luck with ur major

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)