can i get a good atar with these subjects? (1 Viewer)

Bianca288283939

HSC
hello i was just wondering if its possible to acheive a atar of 90 or over with these subjects
maths standard 2, eng adv,pdhpe, buisness studies and cafs(community and and family studies)
im mostly concerned abt maths standard 2 lol i heard ppl say it has capped marks and bad scaling

moonsuyoung

HSC
may I ask is the scoped Mark for standard maths true???
Maths standard may not have as good of a scaling as other maths subjects but the purpose of scaling is to compensate for the difficulty of the subject. If a person were chooses Maths Extension 1 for the sake of scaling but performs terribly, they will perform worse than choosing advanced maths and acing that subject. There is a certain score that allows you to get "scaled up" in each subject (I'm not too sure for maths standard), but try to get as high you can.

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Maths standard may not have as good of a scaling as other maths subjects but the purpose of scaling is to compensate for the difficulty of the subject. If a person were chooses Maths Extension 1 for the sake of scaling but performs terribly, they will perform worse than choosing advanced maths and acing that subject. There is a certain score that allows you to get "scaled up" in each subject (I'm not too sure for maths standard), but try to get as high you can.
i'm fairly sure every subject scales down from hsc mark to scaled mark apart from mx1/mx2 or state rank in sciences

may I ask is the scoped Mark for standard maths true???
Yes, however, it is the case for many subjects as well.

d.goomeister

HSC
hello i was just wondering if its possible to acheive a atar of 90 or over with these subjects
maths standard 2, eng adv,pdhpe, buisness studies and cafs(community and and family studies)
im mostly concerned abt maths standard 2 lol i heard ppl say it has capped marks and bad scaling
Here are some snippets from the UAC FAQ page (I can't link it :rolleyes:)
Which courses get a good ATAR?
Just about any combination of courses can lead to a good ATAR; it all depends on how well a student has done in all their courses in comparison to other students. Your choices should be based on your interests, demonstrated abilities and the value of courses for future career plans, not on what you believe are the likely effects of scaling.
What courses do 99.95 ATAR students choose?
While most students who achieve an ATAR of 99.95 take at least one extension subject, there are many different patterns of study observed every year. Students present anywhere from 10 to 15 units, some accumulating over two years and some over three years.

In recent years some candidates have achieved an ATAR of 99.95 studying Visual Arts, Drama and Music. Further, some students in the 99.95 group did not study mathematics at all; instead, their study patterns typically consisted of English Extension 1 and languages or English Extension 1, Modern and/or Ancient History and subjects like Business Studies or Studies of Religion II. Remember, students should select subjects in which they are interested and which prepare them for their future careers.

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
ive known ppl getting high 90's with mstd2 ur alright bro

CALI22

HSC
I wouldn’t say Standard 2’s scaling is terrible, I got an 88 Raw Mark in my HSC and my internals gave me a HSC mark of 87. As long as you keep the marks up in all subjects scaling shouldn’t be that bad. I also went to a school ranked 300+

LuqmanA

HSC
Oh my god...you have NO idea how amazing this feels to finally let someone else who was in my position know this....

YOUR SUBJECTS DON'T MATTER!

YOU CAN SCORE ANY ATAR WITH ANY SUBJECT!

Don't believe me?

These were my subjects:
- Math standard 2
- English Standard
- PDHPE
- Biology
- Software Design and Development

Guess what my ATAR was?

Oh, and guess what?

I went to a 300+ ranked public school.

Oh, and also...I was a D-student all my life who barely passed any exams.

Look, my friend, I know you're worried about your subjects, and I was too.

I'm here to tell you that you can literally achieve any ATAR you want if you put in the work that's required.

Don't use subjects as an excuse, and don't listen to ANYONE who tries to limit your success.

You've got this!

jilly12

HSC
One person I knew got 91 Atar while doing maths std 2 and as well as doing "bad" their English adv test (from what I remember they didn't finish the test for paper 1 or sm). They're now studying medicine in uni. Plus went to a lower 200+ ranked school. As long as you lock in, all should be fine.

banigul@30

HSC
Oh my god...you have NO idea how amazing this feels to finally let someone else who was in my position know this....

Don't believe me?

These were my subjects:
- Math standard 2
- English Standard
- PDHPE
- Biology

Guess what my ATAR was?

Oh, and guess what?

I'm here to tell you that you can literally achieve any ATAR you want if you put in the work that's required.

Don't use subjects as an excuse, and don't listen to ANYONE who tries to limit your success.

You've got this!
aren't you that youtuber?

banigul@30

HSC
Hahha, yes I am!

It's amazing to see that people are recognising me on this forum, especially with my humble following :)
yeah your videos are in my study playlist lol, i already watched a couple, thanks for making them!

moonsuyoung

HSC

Don't believe me?

These were my subjects:
- Math standard 2
- English Standard
- PDHPE
- Biology

Guess what my ATAR was?

Oh, and guess what?

You've got this!
ILYSMMM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)