Can I use a pencil for Maths in the HSC (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
You could probably get away with it with a dark enough pencil but the HSC booklet does specifically say on the front to write in black pen

And there’s nothing wrong with crossing stuff out

dhwanit2005

HSC
im pretty sure you have to use a pen to write ur final answer

U can always use a pencil to do the working out and then write with pen over once ur done but its a bit of a waste of time so yeah use pen. I know what you mean tho.
Literally not even kidding, the amount of mistakes is so bad, and i like to keep my paper free of crosses and stuff, cos it just looks much better, it provides myself w clarity and also the marker

indeed

HSC
im pretty sure you have to use a pen to write ur final answer

U can always use a pencil to do the working out and then write with pen over once ur done but its a bit of a waste of time so yeah use pen. I know what you mean tho.
But I think this is best solution if you really dont want to use pen

dhwanit2005

HSC
You could probably get away with it with a dark enough pencil but the HSC booklet does specifically say on the front to write in black pen

And there’s nothing wrong with crossing stuff out
I feel like if i use a 6B pencil its the same darkness as a pen, also mechanical pencils>>>>>

SB257426

Very Important User
HSC
Surely erasable pen is calm then yeah?
Oh dont use erasable pen. I had a friend who graduated last year and he used an erasable pen for his english exam and because of the heat during the scanning process his entire work got removed. Bro got 0 for the test and would have gotten around 97-98 atar but got 86

MJRey

HSC
2B should be fine. Have both black pens and pencils in case though (I personally prefer pencils for drawing graphs because you can always rub out if you mess up, which is much harder to do with pen)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)