Dentistry in USYD (1 Viewer)

chonzyy

HSC
Hi, im in year 12 and graduating this year. I want to pursue a career in dentisry in USYD. I wanted to take bachelor of oral health which is 3 years instead of bachelor of science. What is the next step after taking three years of oral health?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
That depends on your career interests. You mentioned that you wish to pursue a career in dentistry. Does that mean that you hope to become something like an oral health therapist, a dental hygienist or a dental therapist? If so, the Bachelor of Oral Health would be the appropriate degree for you to study, and you will not need to do much else besides fulfiling additional requirements for studying this degree, such as holding a current approved First Aid Certificate before commencing your studies.

However, if you hope to become a dentist, then you will need to complete postgraduate study in a Doctor of Dental Medicine. You will need to do this after you complete your Bachelor of Oral Health. The Doctor of Dental Medicine is a four-year degree, and receiving an offer to study it as a graduate requires the following:
  • Meeting a minimum GPA score for an eligible Bachelor's degree (the Bachelor of Oral Health in your case) at the time of your application.
  • Perform favourably in the GAMSAT (or equivalent).
  • Perform favourably in the Multiple Mini Interview.
  • Meet the Biology prerequisite requirements for the Doctor of Dental Medicine
Following your studies, you will need to register with the Dental Board of Australia and re-register each year to remain a practising dental practitioner.

I hope this helps! 😄

user1006

HSC
Hi, im in year 12 and graduating this year. I want to pursue a career in dentisry in USYD. I wanted to take bachelor of oral health which is 3 years instead of bachelor of science. What is the next step after taking three years of oral health?
hey am just wondering what degree you ended up taking, am looking at getting into dentistry at USYD as well just on here looking for people who may have transferred after a year or how they did it

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
hey am just wondering what degree you ended up taking, am looking at getting into dentistry at USYD as well just on here looking for people who may have transferred after a year or how they did it
you can't transfer after a year though
there's no shortcut you need to finish a full undergrad, through the gamsat pathway anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)