do people at university get some sort of credential after completing 1/2 years of their degree? (1 Viewer)

chuuyaxro

HSC
if i wanted to, for example, get a job during uni in my 3rd year of a 5-year bachelors, could i put those 2 years of uni on my resume?

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
if i wanted to, for example, get a job during uni in my 3rd year of a 5-year bachelors, could i put those 2 years of uni on my resume?
what do u actually mean tho
you can put your degree on a resume even if you're currently studying it

carrotsss

HSC
what are you doing a 5 year bachelors for? a lot of 4 year bachelors with integrated honours you can finish after 3 years without the honours iirc, same with advanced computing at usyd you can finish with b computing after 3 years.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
what are you doing a 5 year bachelors for? a lot of 4 year bachelors with integrated honours you can finish after 3 years without the honours iirc, same with advanced computing at usyd you can finish with b computing after 3 years.
law probably

yanujw

HSC
yeah but i recall universities may provide an official credential at some point, like after you've done 2 full years or something
You can get an academic transcript after at least 1 semester at uni that will show all your results to date, if that's what you mean.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Ideally, if you are applying for a job as a university student (regardless of your completion progress), you should include the name of your degree(s) in your résumé as well as the start and end date. If an end date has not yet passed, which would be the case of a current university student (as opposed to a graduand/graduate, in which case the end date would have already passed), a recruiter or other relevant individual assessing your application will correctly interpret this. You can also indicate that you are currently studying in your cover letter (if you intend to submit one), allowing for further clarification.

Of course, whether you will be able to apply for jobs in a particular field depends on the field and the role for which you are interested in applying. Some fields may employ people who have not yet completed their studies. Additionally, internships and graduate programs allow students to gain experience in their field before completing their studies. In terms of law, opportunities include clerkships as well as non-clerkship jobs related to law (for example, office jobs). As was mentioned above, you may be able to request a transcript should it be required by an employer as part of the application process.

To my knowledge, gaining a qualification before completing a degree is possible, where partial completion and subsequent discontinuation of a degree may result in a lower qualification being awarded. For instance, completing one full-time year (or part-time equivalent) of a Bachelor's degree and then discontinuing that degree can result in a diploma being awarded. Of course, where this applies depends on the specific degree and/or university. However, this is an entirely separate topic and is not relevant to your main question.

I hope this helps! :D

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
It'll be much more helpful IMO if you put what you did in those years of uni.

e.g completed extra curricular projects, managed clubs/societies, reached out to rural regions etc.

It'll be much more informative to the person you are

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)