dr du B class worth it?? (1 Viewer)

nia(ntiel)

HSC
ok soo im in year 10 and i sat the entrance test for du a few days ago and it didnt go as well as I thought it would. after spending time doing extensive research (reading on here, asking ppl and even calling the tuition) on what would be on the test i came to the conclusion that they'd test me on late year 10 / early year 11 content, so I studied my ass off trying to master those topics (circle theorems, logarithms, non linear, functions, unit circle etc..) and I was actually excited for the test. then i actually sat for the test, and they hit me with financial math, probability, some trig, and other topics I thought I was long past. as expected, i completely flopped on the test and dropped a diabolical 39/100 on the test. I WAS SO SAD. the poor receptionist had even asked me 'are you okay?' 😭 😭 (i said yes) and to top it alll off i had to take a 1hr train back home

sorry for yapping so much but im really fired up rn like.... i literally bought a new calculator for the test 💀
BUT i have a few questions

1. is B worth it and how does it compare to matrix term 4?

2. How far behind is it from the A classes

3. Does the content differ from A and does it cover mx1 well?

4. how can i / how hard is it to move up to A

5. is the class environment good (teachers, classmates)

JiffyVFX

HSC
1. never been to matrix idk
2. usually a couple weeks, you can see what topic they're on in b classes at the leaderboard wall where it shows top performing students for each week. At the Burwood campus its on the right of the front desk.
3. In terms of content its a few weeks behind the A classes, in A2 rn weve been doing year 11 ext1 topics for a few weeks now so I presume B class has moved onto mx1 content aswell.
4. It's pretty easy if you do the homework and watch some Eddie woo videos for the concepts you don't understand in class. They move people up at the end of every term, all u need is 90 or above average for the quizes. I think it also depends on class availability and how many people there are in the above classes and if there are free spots. If you have friends who go Dr Du on another day before you, you can just ask them about the quiz.
5. Class environment is generally good but it really depends on what teacher and the classmates you get. In my A2 class its soo darn quiet, we had a substitute and he started complaining about how no one would answer his questions. Desks are pretty clean and there's ac, my only complaint is that certain classes can get quite full.
Also 39/100 is fine, my friend when he first did the entrance test got placed in B aswell and then he redid it and got to A2. You got quite unlucky with the timing, Dr Du entrance exam tests are mostly based on what they had taught the previous term/semester. I did mine in term 1 and they didnt test me on any of the trig identities and stuff that my other friend had to do. Then they changed all the entrance exams questions in term 2 and my friend died because i told him that the exam was year 9 stuff💀

nia(ntiel)

HSC
1. never been to matrix idk
2. usually a couple weeks, you can see what topic they're on in b classes at the leaderboard wall where it shows top performing students for each week. At the Burwood campus its on the right of the front desk.
3. In terms of content its a few weeks behind the A classes, in A2 rn weve been doing year 11 ext1 topics for a few weeks now so I presume B class has moved onto mx1 content aswell.
4. It's pretty easy if you do the homework and watch some Eddie woo videos for the concepts you don't understand in class. They move people up at the end of every term, all u need is 90 or above average for the quizes. I think it also depends on class availability and how many people there are in the above classes and if there are free spots. If you have friends who go Dr Du on another day before you, you can just ask them about the quiz.
5. Class environment is generally good but it really depends on what teacher and the classmates you get. In my A2 class its soo darn quiet, we had a substitute and he started complaining about how no one would answer his questions. Desks are pretty clean and there's ac, my only complaint is that certain classes can get quite full.
Also 39/100 is fine, my friend when he first did the entrance test got placed in B aswell and then he redid it and got to A2. You got quite unlucky with the timing, Dr Du entrance exam tests are mostly based on what they had taught the previous term/semester. I did mine in term 1 and they didnt test me on any of the trig identities and stuff that my other friend had to do. Then they changed all the entrance exams questions in term 2 and my friend died because i told him that the exam was year 9 stuff💀
Hm i'll think of retaking the test in a couple days now that I know what to expect from it, thanks

sheppy123

HSC
1. Yes. Dr du is so much better than matrix, the B class is still great
2. From what I know the A class get more homework and they just complete topics faster, a few weeks ahead. You’re not even at a huge disadvantage, you cover the same stuff.
3. Already answered, content is the same. But yes it covers all of mx1 and is super helpful for 3u
4. promotion exam or do well on the quizzes (90% +)
5. Classmates are basically the same as any other tutoring place. Teachers aren’t incredible but they’re good enough, just watch YouTube after the lesson if you don’t understand and it’s fine

MeltingGlacier

HSC
Don't feel too down, I just did the test and got 31%. Literally got tested on everything I didn't study.

nia(ntiel)

HSC
Don't feel too down, I just did the test and got 31%. Literally got tested on everything I didn't study.
retake it!!! i retook it a few days ago and got a3. also even in my 2nd attempt i got tested on stuff i didnt expect. i used selective yearly papers for practice and the content wasnt even in them

if not then you can still move up by performing well in the weekly quizzes. since youre in year 9 you have plenty of time to move up, even to a1

MeltingGlacier

HSC
retake it!!! i retook it a few days ago and got a3. also even in my 2nd attempt i got tested on stuff i didnt expect. i used selective yearly papers for practice and the content wasnt even in them

if not then you can still move up by performing well in the weekly quizzes. since youre in year 9 you have plenty of time to move up, even to a1
I already enrolled but I plan on moving up through the weekly quizzes.

hi_998

HSC
is it worth moving down to b? im in A3 and im definityley getting demoted. i already dropped down from A2 and my parents are gonna sue me 😭

skzzks

HSC
is it worth moving down to b? im in A3 and im definityley getting demoted. i already dropped down from A2 and my parents are gonna sue me 😭
depends on what grade ur doing because ik from about term 4 year 9 b class is behind by quite a few lessons and some people i know who got demoted from a3 negotiated with the admin coz a3 was already so far ahead and they didn't see the point of retaking the lessons so don't move down it'll be the exact same thing just like 5 weeks behind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)