early entry extra curricular ideas (1 Viewer)

oot123

HSC
N/A
thinking about early entry to anu and want to know some ideas of potential extra curricular activities people have taken up for the application

washi-tape

HSC
Hey, I haven't applied to specifically ANU, but I have been accepted to other universities based on extra-curricular activities so this may or may not be of much help. A few examples of work that I and others did to get accepted were:
- Volunteer work (a lot of schools sometimes offer 1 or 2 volunteer offers throughout the year so taking them def helped)
- Peer Mentor
- Subject Mentor
- Tutor for younger students
- Instruments (AMEB)
- Sports outside of school, or if you have competed at a Zone/Regional/National etc level
- Sport coaching younger teams
- Sports refereeing younger teams
- Leadership roles within school like SRC, Vice/Captain, Prefect, House Captain
- Leadership roles within certain clubs like for a specific sport
- Fundraising like at school bake sales, market days
- Paid work experience
- Duke of Ed
- Student exchanges
- Competitions you won/achieved good results in like some sort of art competition
I found I could put in one-off volunteering experiences so if you still have the time to, try asking your school or emailing your city council if you're really stuck. Once again, reiterating that I didn't sign up for specifically ANU, but at least some of these should be applicable. Hope this helps :)

oot123

HSC
N/A
Hey, I haven't applied to specifically ANU, but I have been accepted to other universities based on extra-curricular activities so this may or may not be of much help. A few examples of work that I and others did to get accepted were:
- Volunteer work (a lot of schools sometimes offer 1 or 2 volunteer offers throughout the year so taking them def helped)
- Peer Mentor
- Subject Mentor
- Tutor for younger students
- Instruments (AMEB)
- Sports outside of school, or if you have competed at a Zone/Regional/National etc level
- Sport coaching younger teams
- Sports refereeing younger teams
- Leadership roles within school like SRC, Vice/Captain, Prefect, House Captain
- Leadership roles within certain clubs like for a specific sport
- Fundraising like at school bake sales, market days
- Paid work experience
- Duke of Ed
- Student exchanges
- Competitions you won/achieved good results in like some sort of art competition
I found I could put in one-off volunteering experiences so if you still have the time to, try asking your school or emailing your city council if you're really stuck. Once again, reiterating that I didn't sign up for specifically ANU, but at least some of these should be applicable. Hope this helps :)
omg tysm!!

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
thinking about early entry to anu and want to know some ideas of potential extra curricular activities people have taken up for the application
Are you asking this because you don't do any extra curricular lol

MJRey

HSC
I didn't do early entry through ANU, but I still needed to put down extra curricular activities.
I basically put down participation in sport, peer support, debating + public speaking, school charity initiatives and that sort of thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)