English Short Answer Section (1 Viewer)

goodcat911

HSC
What's the best way to prepare for the unseen text short answer section (Paper 1)? Is there a checklist or smth that u can follow to get the marks, and how important is it that i memorise lots of literary/visual techniques? If the skills for doing well in that section come from entirely just practicing, how often should I do a past paper?

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
i think the best way is just to practice because like its always gonna be unseen so u gotta get used to it, id always look at the marking criteria but honestly i think its usually marked like if its 5 marks, u do 4 qte (so like x-1). Anyway i always tried to memorise some literary/visual techinques but honestly id only remember repetition, and yea do one past paper a week coz we did that at school and that was trauma and mest is best bye

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
just wanna add that it's really important you address the question itself throughout your response. not just in this section tbh. this is smth that past HSC English markers have told me. you can't get full marks by writing a great response with the right number of quotes+techniques, but the explanation of each hasn't been linked to the unique question ur responding to. often will be about the human experience or whatever but some questions are more nuanced, and require you to keep making reference to a specific part or two of the question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)