english short answers (1 Viewer)

jonhysmitw2

HSC
can someone give me advice with english short answers, I'm so bad at like answering the questions and picking the right examples. Please help

miminaps

HSC
if you're really struggling then the easy way (not necessarily the best but it still works) to answer them is just to restate the question for your p and then add a bit of detail eg. if they ask about collective experiences, define what that actual experience is and how your text shows this through literary techniques. short answer responses can be quite repetitive which is fine so just add the key terms of the question after a bit of analysis to make sure you're answering the q all the time. for your examples, easiest ones to pick out are similes, then rhetorical questions etc. it doesn't really matter what your quotes are the main thing is you can analyse them and their impact even if it's lowkey bs (you can say it highlights a certain tone which reveals blah blah blah)

washi-tape

HSC
can someone give me advice with english short answers, I'm so bad at like answering the questions and picking the right examples. Please help
Use simple techniques like metaphors or similes. You won't get marked up for harder techniques. If the question if asking about what the piece is trying to convey (e.g what tone/what relationship), make sure to be clear from the topic sentence specifically what is conveyed (e.g melancholy tone, positive relationship)

tigerian

HSC
N/A
with the short answers you have 45 minutes to get 20 marks so that’s just over 2 minutes a mark . So if it’s a three marker you should allow 6 minutes so when you come to the 5 or 6 marker you have enough time

Eg 3 marks 6 minutes etc

identify a technique . If that’s an issue look at tone and imagery and structure that will show some form of human experience because the questions will be based around the syllabus anyway

I’ve marked hsc so feel free to ask any questions

HSC
with the short answers you have 45 minutes to get 20 marks so that’s just over 2 minutes a mark . So if it’s a three marker you should allow 6 minutes so when you come to the 5 or 6 marker you have enough time

Eg 3 marks 6 minutes etc

identify a technique . If that’s an issue look at tone and imagery and structure that will show some form of human experience because the questions will be based around the syllabus anyway

I’ve marked hsc so feel free to ask any questions
Would you recommend answering the questions in reverse order? (So from the highest mark question to the lowest) and do you think reading the texts in reverse order could be more efficient as the last text is always quite long and harder to analyse.

Should I also be looking for techniques while reading or just trying to get through the text and understand as much as possible before the time is up?

tigerian

HSC
N/A
Would you recommend answering the questions in reverse order? (So from the highest mark question to the lowest) and do you think reading the texts in reverse order could be more efficient as the last text is always quite long and harder to analyse.

Should I also be looking for techniques while reading or just trying to get through the text and understand as much as possible before the time is up?
you can do that but it is too easy for some to give them too much time . I would suggest that most people will get at least 2 out of 3 or 2 out of 4 so don’t compromise by losing those marks to get 6/6 etc . I suggest you make sure you have sone time ( probably around 15 -20 minutes or so ) to answer the small marks and allow 25 minutes approx for the 7 or 6 markers .
time management is a big issue wiyh paper 1 unseen and if you get it wrong it can be costly .
2 minutes a mark seems to work for most students but it means you have t9 be concise . They arent looking for more than 4 ( 5 max) sentences in a three marker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)