English Victorious (1 Viewer)

jayz

walking
Thank god at least the team wif the better kicker won the bloody game. Admittingly, the match was much better than expectation, much due to the both team's ATTEMPTS to run the ball into opposition territory, and either setup for another field goal, or in the good old aussie tradition-wait for the penalty! Ok, enough of me dishing out the crap on aus and eng, what did u fink of 2night's game and the whole tournament in terms of its appeal towards the public?

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
i think australia should have won... cos the pub i was in wouldve gone off!!... instead i got pissed wif the sadness of a loss hanging over my head :(
but yeah.. it was a good game.. i couldnt beleive england scored a try.. it was a mindblow!!!:D

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
hehehe!!! I know!! When I saw the pommies score that try, it was amazing. LOL ;)

Jonny Wilkenson was pretty good though, I'll admit that.. LOL

At half time, I thought we were screwed though, up until then, it was pretty sloppy. But the Wallabies came back.. Flatley's two penalty kicks at the end of the game, and in the last 2 minutes of over time.. shit, there has never been so much tension in my house! I was literally on the edge of my seat in anticipation.

That field goal by Wilkenson in the last 20 seconds though..

It was one of the best games of Rugby I've seen in a while.. ;)

Just glad it was the Pommies who won, and not the French :p

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
I was watching it at the Rocks....................talking to this African American whose just down here to do some djing....................he was like how does this game work......................Im there telling him that a try is like a touchdown in American Footy, but you have to ground the ball and Jonny Wilkinson is like John Elway.................

Overall it was a great game, but the result didnt go the right way!

I thought we should of taken the line out option at least once when we had a chance to be in the English 22.................Kicking, Ball Security and Line Outs f..ked us up................

Flatley deserves some credit too..........kicking both goals under huge amounts of pressure.............

Gotta hand it to the English....defence was great, Little Jonny boy is just awesome............

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
The only game of the tournament I saw, and it was a very good way to end it. Remained tense throughout the entire hundred minutes, so impressive stuff.

Although I wasn't really concerned either way as to who won (Fine either way), it was fitting that Wilkinson scored the final goal, seeing the media campaign launched against him in the preceding week. (Did anyone else see those voodoo dolls? At first, I thought they were joking when they were mentioned on JJJ. Would be interesting if the media actually had to eat humble pie, not that that would be happening..)

I can picture the Telegraph.. So England won the rugby union.. So what, we won the rugby league, and that's what really counts! (Damn rugby league.. Used to like it, but got bored with it in 1995, amidst all the Superleague hysteria. True football is the best code, followed by union..)

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Jonny Wilkinson scored a great drop kick, without him the english team wouldn't have stood out with only Robinson.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)