Failed a class in B Edu/B Arts? (1 Viewer)

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
I haven't actually failed this class yet, but I'd like to know what happens if I do?

Basically, I'm doing pretty well in all my other classes (distinction average) but in my history class (which is my minor teaching subject), I'm just scaping a pass. I haven't been to lectures pretty much all semester, so I was wondering, what happens if I fail history? Do I have to make up the 6 credit points in 2nd year? Or do I need to do summer school?

Help guys? :eek:

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
You haven't failed yet, so just study (you still have 3 weeks before exams). In the off chance you do fail (which you shouldn't), you will have to make up those 6 credit points sometime in your degree (doesnt matter when). Don't do summer school as it's all full fee.

el gwapo

HSC
Just to expand on this question - what are the minimum requirements in the Ed/Arts course in terms of teaching "major" and "minor" subjects?

jayadore which history are you doing? I'm doing 1089 and you'd have to be an idiot to fail it. Dr. Waterhouse recited out the question list for the exam, and it's probably on lectopia in webct.

d3l35cu3l4

HSC
The minimum requirements for minors and majors are passes in the equivalent of two years of one discipline and three years of another respectively.

Mikes.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Um. Okay so like semester is over, passed history with flying colours, dont remember my lecturers name but definitely not the same as el_gwapo's. Other than that.. I only ever went to 4 of the lectures and rarely any of the tutes, the reader was insanely fat and in size 6 so I didn't really bother.

I had gotten 64% on the essay that was like 40% of my grade when I wrote that post! So you can obviously see why I was worried I'd fail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)