for all u wood techies...Whats the best timber?? (1 Viewer)

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
just a reno tip Im lookin for a solid timber door and we ive come accross a redwood 4 panel door quite heavy dont know about the quality for $ 120 what should i be lookin at ??and any stores any one know sell cheap timber doors and lookin for top notch door handles thankyou peace..........

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Hhhmmm.....a solid door - sounds fun to make!

Where abouts are you?? Cause there might be some local hardwood that you can use. I'm using Blue Mountains Ash for my project & its cheap as!

What type of style of door are you going for? Cause if you're going for a olden style door, the best thing is to find any local blacksmiths in our area........explain in detail the type of door & how big you want the handle to be. & if you're luckly, you might get a few dollars knock off, thats what i'm doing for some metal hinges.

Hey, good luck, cause we have til term 3, week 5!!!!

HeY LoOk iTs ME

HSC
great aussie wood

yeah a good idea depending on the look your after would eitha be river red gum or even moutain ash. if you have seen red stringy bark done properly it comes out like western red cedar but a lot stroger and resistant.
these are all aussie timber and age well.

the best place to get this would b adginbilly timber at gundigai prices for 140 by 20 are:
red gum: $6.89 L/m
mountain ash: $6.50 L/m
red striny $7.45 L/m

If you would like to get a contact/fax number email me at bindy01@hotmail.com

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
I like to use maple. It has a nice colour/texture to it and it's hard enough for most applications, even desktops.
I tend to buy wood of the colour which I want my final work to be, in its nature colour without use of stains and just simple gloss varnish. It is much better than buying pine and staining it.

bindy01 those are really good prices!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)