For Legal Studies HSC law reform essays, is it ok to talk about proposed reforms (i.e. Bills) or extremely recent changes? (1 Viewer)

Calculator17

HSC
For Legal Studies HSC law reform essays, is it ok to talk about proposed reforms (i.e. Bills) or extremely recent changes?

Been doing it all year and my teacher has no issue with it but I'm worried that I'll be marked down if I talk about, for example the Family Law Amendment Bill 2023, or Crimes Legislation Amendment (Coercive Control) Act 2022 (NSW) which is so new that it hasn't been implemented yet.

Side question while I'm here, with so little time to go til the hsc, how should I best memorise my case studies for my essays, and is it bad that I still can't complete an essay in the set exam time limit?

mcchamp

HSC
For Legal Studies HSC law reform essays, is it ok to talk about proposed reforms (i.e. Bills) or extremely recent changes?

Been doing it all year and my teacher has no issue with it but I'm worried that I'll be marked down if I talk about, for example the Family Law Amendment Bill 2023, or Crimes Legislation Amendment (Coercive Control) Act 2022 (NSW) which is so new that it hasn't been implemented yet.

Side question while I'm here, with so little time to go til the hsc, how should I best memorise my case studies for my essays, and is it bad that I still can't complete an essay in the set exam time limit?
Yeah, you can for sure. Even though they haven't been implemented, it still shows the intentions of the legal system.

For your essay, just make sure you know your case studies and how to structure it. You don't have to memorise a full essay, and its hard to do that anyways since they could ask anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)