For those with 90+ ATAR, how did you achieve it? (1 Viewer)

DoTheFlip123

HSC
For people who have achieved an ATAR of 90 and over, what did you do in order to achieve it? Did you have tutoring or did you study endlessly?

Rattlehead15

HSC
As someone who achieved a 99.95 atar, I would suggest this schedule:
5am wake up. Pray to your 99.95 atar picture printed on your bedroom door.
6am: go outside and touch one blade of grass, and then tactically retreat back inside to study.
6am-6pm: study
6pm: eat a large dinner to compensate for no food for the entire day. Gotta stay on that grind, no time for breakfast and lunch.
6pm-11pm: study
11pm: Go to bed and binge watch Eddie Woo videos as you drift off to sleep.

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
6am: go outside and touch one blade of grass, and then tactically retreat back inside to study.
6pm: eat a large dinner to compensate for no food for the entire day. Gotta stay on that grind, no time for breakfast and lunch.
no but touching grass takes too much time

Rattlehead15

HSC
no but touching grass takes too much time
That is correct. I made that addition to my schedule half way through the HSC year only because my doctor told me I had a severe vitamin D deficiency and suggested I go outdoors each day. If I had ignored my doctor I probably would have achieved the sacred 99.96 atar.

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Watch Eddie woo during your sleep,
Memorise entire textbooks and do problems while you lucid dream to maximise efficiency

hehe43

HSC
I'll assume ur not trolling. I am 2023 grad but my predicted atar from internals is well above 90 and I haven't messed up any exams.

Getting 90 is not as hard as u might think. You do not need to get tutoring and you do not need to study endlessly. I know people who studied maybe 2 hours per day on average and more leading up to exams who did not attend tutoring who got over 90 atar. However, how much you need to study depends on you and your strengths and weaknesses. I would suggest you go to hscninja.com and find how many band 6s your school typically gets in each subject, and then aim to study such that your internal ranking is within that range or slightly below it. You can check what scaled marks you need for each of your subjects with the atar calculator that provides rough calculations also on the site.

In terms of how to study effectively this will depend on your chosen subjects, but spend some time finding the fastest method of maximising your marks, there are a number of excellent resources available on boredofstudies that can help you with this.

I would strongly recommend you do Not go to tutoring unless your are aiming for 98+ atar. Learning how to reach yourself and find your own sources of free assistance is a very important skill that is quite important for uni. Good luck

Rattlehead15

HSC
Watch Eddie woo during your sleep,
Memorise entire textbooks and do problems while you lucid dream to maximise efficiency
Fax, I once met Eddie Woo in a lucid dream and he taught me all of the maths content I was unsure of. This was the night before my MX2 exam. I woke up and, bam, I suddenly knew all of the content and achieved full marks.

Rattlehead15

HSC
I would strongly recommend you do Not go to tutoring unless your are aiming for 98+ atar. Learning how to reach yourself and find your own sources of free assistance is a very important skill that is quite important for uni. Good luck
This. Learning how to persevere and individually work hard without that extra push is a valuable skill. Also lots of people I know who get tutored only do it because they're forced to or because they think it will magically make them improve from D's to A's. You have to be realistic and put in your end of the bargain when being tutored. Tutoring doesn't equal high atar but tutoring plus individual hard work does equal high atar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)