Help don't know what I'm doing (1 Viewer)

Agren11

HSC
Hi all,
So currently I have finished Term 1 of year 11 at my school and im getting my results back (its final week) and I have failed my most important subjects. I take 3 unit maths and I got my advanced results back, I got 47% or 21/45 and its 30% of my year 11 results. I am considering dropping all the way down to standard from ext as I'm pretty sure I will do better in that cohort. Another is my HSC business studies marks (prelim course), I was ranked 9/124 for the first term but I completely bombed out in my second exam, I'm estimating at most 50% and my classmates are confident they did well. I take 14 units and that is too many subjects and I cannot handle all the pressure, it's only been the first term and I'm already burnt out having done around 4 all nighters and sacrificing a lot of my extracurriculars to get my submissions done. I realise that I am doing too much, and i cannot keep up with the amount of work but now I don't know what subjects to drop and what to do anymore. I was aiming for a 95+ ATAR (was dreaming of undergraduate medicine at UNSW) but now I just want to get at least 85+(bachelor of comp sci). I have lost motivation and have frankly given up. If anyone can provide me any direction on what to do regarding my subjects and if there is any hope to recover I would appreciate it, my subjects are:
- English 3 unit
- Maths 3 unit
- Chemistry
- Biology
- Enterprise Computing (new course replacing IPT)
- Business Studies HSC (prelim course)

liamkk112

HSC
dont worry everyone at my school also bombed year 11 lol, its quite normal. i think i like barely passed the first assessment of every subject, its quite typical, you just don't have enough experience to know how much to study, the expectations of assignment quality, etc when you start year 11. just keep going, improve on your mistakes, and importantly don't give up. i would recommend not dropping to standard yet, at least wait till year 12 to see if you can push yourself to improve, otherwise it could be a good decision. but yeah just dont give up basically lol , year 11 is essentially a year to learn what study habits work for yourself, remember that year 11 doesn't even count towards to atar, so 50% in a task should only have the effect of realising you need to do more. 100% you can recover, i certainly did

pablo34

HSC
N/A
Hi all,
So currently I have finished Term 1 of year 11 at my school and im getting my results back (its final week) and I have failed my most important subjects. I take 3 unit maths and I got my advanced results back, I got 47% or 21/45 and its 30% of my year 11 results. I am considering dropping all the way down to standard from ext as I'm pretty sure I will do better in that cohort. Another is my HSC business studies marks (prelim course), I was ranked 9/124 for the first term but I completely bombed out in my second exam, I'm estimating at most 50% and my classmates are confident they did well. I take 14 units and that is too many subjects and I cannot handle all the pressure, it's only been the first term and I'm already burnt out having done around 4 all nighters and sacrificing a lot of my extracurriculars to get my submissions done. I realise that I am doing too much, and i cannot keep up with the amount of work but now I don't know what subjects to drop and what to do anymore. I was aiming for a 95+ ATAR (was dreaming of undergraduate medicine at UNSW) but now I just want to get at least 85+(bachelor of comp sci). I have lost motivation and have frankly given up. If anyone can provide me any direction on what to do regarding my subjects and if there is any hope to recover I would appreciate it, my subjects are:
- English 3 unit
- Maths 3 unit
- Chemistry
- Biology
- Enterprise Computing (new course replacing IPT)
- Business Studies HSC (prelim course)
You're only in year 11 so relax... Also you probably haven't been consistent in studying or even know how to study, hence the "4 all nighters"... Don't drop to standard math if you want to do Comp Sci... However, because Comp Sci is oversaturated, I wouldn't recommend that major... Overall, everyone struggles in year 11 so don't worry bout it... 👍

Cherryy9

HSC
Medicine is still possible! How are you doing in bio and English? Sometimes our year 11 marks are completely different to year 12!

Agren11

HSC
Medicine is still possible! How are you doing in bio and English? Sometimes our year 11 marks are completely different to year 12!
We haven’t got our results for English yet and for bio it’s a depth study due next term. I’m ok with English, it has always been my strong suit so I’m confident about that. I’m just really bummed because I’ve nvr failed before so I was feeling worried that my goals might be too hard to reach and early entry is not an option anymore. But I’ve given it some thought and talked to my parents and I think that i will continue with my current maths for now and work harder at it, and also stop procrastinating as much 😅. I’m still open to dropping a subject or dropping extensions so if anyone who has done those subjects wdyt?. P.s. I’ve alr talked to my schools careers advisor and she recommended me to drop enterprise but even though the content is boring the assessments are actually quite fun and enjoyable although time consuming. So I’m open to any recommendations on that. Thanks a lot to anyone who has replied it’s given me hope to keep trying and is bachelor of cybersecurity a good uni course? I’m interested in healthcare, science and technology so any undergraduate degrees in those fields would be the best fit for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)