(HELP) How do you actually find work experience? (1 Viewer)

HSC
So I know there's this site called 'studyworkgrow', but the things on there rarely match the time period where you're actually supposed to do the work experience. The other option (I guess) is find and call random businesses and hope they say yes? Or is there another way I'm not aware of? How did you actually find places to do your work experience? I'm in NSW btw and I have to do work experience from 1st to 5th of July.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
What if you lack a father figure?
go for something you’re interested in/want to pursue a career in. Google that. Email every place asking for work experience. Hope that one replies.

maybe ask your school for work experience?

CeeTia

HSC
N/A
So I know there's this site called 'studyworkgrow', but the things on there rarely match the time period where you're actually supposed to do the work experience. The other option (I guess) is find and call random businesses and hope they say yes? Or is there another way I'm not aware of? How did you actually find places to do your work experience? I'm in NSW btw and I have to do work experience from 1st to 5th of July.
Connections are the best way to find stuff. Ask around, ask older years, if you have parents, guardians, close relatives who work somewhere ask if you can apply to their work place.

Otherwise yes, email + class for work experience places. BUT. Important thing first- where do you want to go? What do you want to do? Find a specific thing (e.g. Law-> Law firm, Medicine -> private clinic/research lab). When you find a couple of options, go to their website and try to see if they offer any work experience for students. If not, find their email and send them an email asking whether or not they accept work experience places. I'd recommend sending any information pdfs or pamphlets your school has on work experience (if they do) to them in the email, introduce yourself + write dates for work experience and maybe if you wanna make yourself sound better, jazz it up a lil by writing why you wanna have work experience there. If they don't reply within a week, call them for confirmation

Really just check their company websites. What area are you interested in?

HSC
Thanks for the really insightful reply. I'm honestly interested in any area involving digital technology and software development, but I wouldn't mind a normal office job.

CeeTia

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the really insightful reply. I'm honestly interested in any area involving digital technology and software development, but I wouldn't mind a normal office job.
Yoo that's interesting to go into and I'm sure that there's a lot of places you could go to. Especially with software development I know that there's some big name companies out there which might offer work experience placements as a program (although make sure to check the dates and submit applications early)

Good luck finding places!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)