hey guys do you think unsw or usyd will let me take maths advanced bridging course (1 Viewer)

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
Guys is there any other way to get into usyd when I’m doing standard maths
well as already mentioned sitting the MOOC exam can help you satisfy math prerequisites at usyd
another alternative is to enrol in a course that doesn't have a math prereq, do required math units and then internally transfer

liamkk112

HSC
just know in terms of accounting unsw is ranked higher than usyd, you'd benefit either way by going to a go8 uni but in terms of skills and employment for accounting unsw is better
ranking isn't really indicative of undergrad course quality, all it really indicates is research strength and global reputation. either way both are top 50 unis in the world for accounting and finance, so it shouldn't really be a big difference. comparing employment between the two is also a slim difference, and technically usyd has a higher employment rate in accounting (91.8%) compared to unsw (87.5%) and also slightly higher salary on average, but honestly both are such high employment rates that both are really good and u will probably end up with the exact same skills and employment opportunities at both, especially because both are accredited by the accounting orgs in australia anyway.

carrotsss

HSC
ranking isn't really indicative of undergrad course quality, all it really indicates is research strength and global reputation. either way both are top 50 unis in the world for accounting and finance, so it shouldn't really be a big difference. comparing employment between the two is also a slim difference, and technically usyd has a higher employment rate in accounting (91.8%) compared to unsw (87.5%) and also slightly higher salary on average, but honestly both are such high employment rates that both are really good and u will probably end up with the exact same skills and employment opportunities at both, especially because both are accredited by the accounting orgs in australia anyway.
tbh I wouldn’t really look into slight differences is salary/employment rate stats too much, it can just be indicative of students at either usyd/unsw being more motivated on their job hunts or having better connections, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll actually personally have a better shot at a better job/salary at the end

liamkk112

HSC
tbh I wouldn’t really look into slight differences is salary/employment rate stats too much, it can just be indicative of students at either usyd/unsw being more motivated on their job hunts or having better connections, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll actually personally have a better shot at a better job/salary at the end
yeah for sure, at the end of the day they bascially give same opportunities like i said at the end of my post. but salary/employment rates are still way better stats to look at than rankings at least for undergrad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)