How do internal marks work? (1 Viewer)

Chiprr

HSC
Your best chance for improving ranks is honestly the early tasks where the exams and tasks are normally out of marks lower than 50 (with many schools with assessments out of 20-30 eg, essays, depth studies, etc), meaning that each mark in these are more important than each mark in trials. Whilst the contribution of trials is mostly higher, the mistakes you make can be more costly in earlier tasks. So, trying hard on those tasks can actually make a greater difference than trials.

I know someone who came first in his cohort of 60 people because they did well in earlier tasks (lost one out of 27 and 25) despite touching top 10 in trials.
I understand that it is general practice for early assessments to be out of lower marks, but I think the teachers at my school genuinely don't care.

English was out of 30 and physics was out of 34, (I think) MX2 /45, MX1 was /48, maths advanced was /50, economics /57. I think my engineering teacher must hate percentages because it was out of 100

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
In my class we watched this vid and I thought it was pretty helpful at explaining the system

Secretive fish

HSC
N/A
Your best chance for improving ranks is honestly the early tasks where the exams and tasks are normally out of marks lower than 50 (with many schools with assessments out of 20-30 eg, essays, depth studies, etc), meaning that each mark in these are more important than each mark in trials. Whilst the contribution of trials is mostly higher, the mistakes you make can be more costly in earlier tasks. So, trying hard on those tasks can actually make a greater difference than trials.

I know someone who came first in his cohort of 60 people because they did well in eatlier tasks (lost one out of 27 and 25) despite touching top 10 in trials.
._. idk about u but i doubt that is possible for me.... im hoping average or a bit above rank 50 for all the assessments. Also idk how applicable the advice is cuz everyone sweats too much for the initial part of y12 to be "easier".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)